Search Unity

Vuforia Model target and Hololens

Discussion in 'Vuforia' started by Jarediavionic, Sep 25, 2018.

1. Jarediavionic

Jarediavionic

Has anyone had any luck getting a stable Model target to appear in the hololens?

I have no issue getting the model to appear but when i move around the object it appears to bounce slightly around. (not enough to leave view but enough to look like its jumping). This is a medium size object so I dont think it is too small (18.5in, 27.5in, 11.8in).

At this point, I have a boss who keeps telling me how easy and simple this should be and have the model overlay the real world object 100% with no bouncing or misalignment. If someone can give any advice or point me in a direction of something that will work i would be greatly appreciated.

For the record, I have tried a few other options as well.

1. Manually placing the object with gestures (Boss deemed this too hard and time-consuming)

2. Placeholder objects with the main subject being placed in between (again placing the placeholder objects was too hard)

3. Image targets - worked well enough but having to keep the image in view was deemed unacceptable and the smallest image i could get to pick up was 2in by 3in. (also unacceptable).

Any help or advice would mean the world to me. Thank you for your time.