Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Vuforia Mid Air "NullReferenceException"

Discussion in '2018.1 Beta' started by TerraSame1, Apr 17, 2018.

1. TerraSame1

TerraSame1

Hi...
    I have been working with the new 2018.1.0b13 Beta

Using newly added ability to run Vuforia Ground Plane/Mid Air on the new Galaxy Tab 3... Way awesome...
    The new 2k 10 inch screen is amazing.
    Unity 2018/Vuforia is working well except when running the Mid Air system where I get the following nasty gram... Not sure if this is a Unity / Vuforia or combo thing...
    I placed an addition to a post on the Vuforia forum. Link/Address below...

Link/Address:
    https://developer.vuforia.com/forum...sitionerbehavioursetupindicator#comment-63546

Error:
    NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    Vuforia.MidAirPositionerBehaviour.SetupIndicator ()
    Vuforia.MidAirPositionerBehaviour.OnEnable ()

Only occurs with mid air and works no problem with Ground Plane...

Although with Ground Plane the model is Shakey then either flies off to oblivion and returns but then is not anchored... Crazy... This needs to be made solid... I hope this will be corrected with next releases of both Unity full version 2018 and a new release of Vuforia with Unity...

Both the Mid Air and Ground Plane are very important to my client and industry I am working towards...

Any advice will be greatly appreciated...

Thanks

Paul

2. ThatDarnCat

ThatDarnCat

Unity Technologies

Hi TerraSame1,

Do you see this same issue if you run the Vuforia Ground Plane example from the Asset store (since it also uses MidAir Stage)?

Feel free to use the bug reporter to send this issue to our bug system. It will upload your project so we can do some debugging.