Search Unity

Question Vuforia licensing question

Discussion in 'AR' started by jbstudios, May 26, 2021.

1. jbstudios

jbstudios

Somehow this is not quite clear to me on their website. Apologies if it sounds like a silly question.

Is the capability to track the floor and have an object appear on the ground plane included in the basic package.

We build a little fun project where you can walk through a digitized museum environment. We are only using an AR camera no object, image, or environment tracking.

Any hints would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance

2. mgear

mgear

3. jbstudios

jbstudios

@mgear thanks for getting back to me, but unfortunately its not an option to do that at this moment.

I appreciate everyones effort, however please do not reply to me with 'you can do it with another package', 'why are you using vuforia?' etc. At this moment unfortunately we can't switch to another system.

4. mgear

mgear

5. jbstudios

jbstudios

@mgear thanks for getting back. Seems like it is but it's a bit strange and unclear in their specs since what is called 'plane tracking' is specifically not included unless you get the pro version.

Also asked their support, but no reply so far.

6. TreyK-47

TreyK-47

Unity Technologies

As Vuforia support is handled directly by them, you might also report your issue to Vuforia's forums so their team can help address.