Search Unity

Vuforia Installation Problem U 2017.3

Discussion in 'Vuforia' started by arturmandas, Feb 20, 2018.

1. arturmandas

arturmandas

Hi there,

Both UnitySetup-Vuforia-AR-Support-for-Editor-2017.3.1f1.pkg and it's earlier version UnitySetup-Vuforia-AR-Support-for-Editor-2017.3.0p4.pkg fail to install on Mac (for U 2017.3.1f1 and 2017.3.0p4 respectively). I have a message just saing that an "unknown error" caused the installation to be unsuccessful.

Are there solutions to this bug? A GitHub account with extracted contents, maybe?

Thanks

2. Vuforia-Strasza

Vuforia-Strasza

Official Vuforia Employee Vuforia

Hello @arturmandas

Can you confirm that Vuforia isn't already installed by navigating to the Player Settings -> XR Settings within Unity? Could you also share a screenshot of the error you are seeing.

Thanks

3. arturmandas

arturmandas

I've managed to install it eventually, but had to rename my unity installation to "Unity", I guess the installer depends on a hardcoded name. I've also restarted the machine, but can't tell whether that had any impact.

4. Vuforia-Strasza

Vuforia-Strasza

If you're on Mac, any download or update for Unity is applied to the "Unity" folder. If you have different versions of Unity installed, make sure you rename the one you are trying to update to "Unity."

5. arturmandas

arturmandas

Ok thanks for confirming. You should make this a part of installation message, since any serious dev has many Unity versions and naturally renames them to keep order.

6. Dover8

Dover8

@Vuforia-Strasza you might want to look at changing that and giving the user the option of the install location. Particularly with many people now using Unity Hub to manage engine instals.

7. meedabit

meedabit

Hello @Dover8,

Thanks for the feedback. I've confirmed with our development team that this is a limitation of the installer on Mac using Unity's standard installer scripts. The development team is aware of this limitation and investigating methods to resolve the issue.

Thanks,
    Vuforia Engine Support

8. eovento

eovento

Vuforia is currently native to Unity. So this is absolutely unacceptable as people use Unity Hub now.
    And what about informing this - on install, on Editor, anywhere? Instead of just not working and throwing a lame "Installation Failed" on us...
    Well... who cares about the users, right?

9. Vuforia-Strasza

Vuforia-Strasza

I understand that this issue is frustrating. We are currently working on a solution that will address this. Apologies for the inconveniences caused in the mean time.

10. FuturescoGames

FuturescoGames

Hi

I have the same error trying to install the new version "UnitySetup-Vuforia-AR-Support-for-Editor-2018.2.exe"

I'm working on Windows 10, I have several version of Unity installed, trying to update "Unity 2018.2.8f1 (64-bit)" that is installed in "C:\Program Files\Unity\"

I tried different things with no luck, please a workaround or a patch for this!!!

Thank you

11. contempt

contempt

Just experienced this issue on a Mac running High Sierra, Unity 2018.2,10f1 (latest) and upgrading to Vuforia 7.5.20. I run Unity on an external HFS+ formatted SSD as my internal is APFS formatted. In order to finally get installer to work I had to move my Unity folder into the internal Macintosh HD Applications folder, run the installer then move the Unity folder back to my external; HFS+ SSD.

12. gxgpau

gxgpau

Hello,

I still have this issue, I have Unity 2019.1.0f2 with Vuforia 8.1.7 and can't update to Vuforia 8.3.8.
    The same error message, after writing installation files "Installation failed". Guys, this is September 2019 and the issue is not solved.