Search Unity

Vuforia image target size

Discussion in 'Vuforia' started by Wolk, Mar 21, 2019.

1. Wolk

Wolk

Hi, what's a good size i should use for image targets in the vuforia target manager?
    If i have a 20cm x 20cm sheet of paper, i punch 0.2 in the vuforia manager.

That gives me 0.2 size in the unity editor and it's impossible to get good lightning on those scales,
    camera movement is terrible and in general it's just not meant to work on those scales.

The reason i'm asking is because examples are 0.3f in the vuforia samples.

I understand i could make the objects bigger in the scene and then it would auto resize them when they're found in the build, is that the proper workflow?

Last edited: Mar 21, 2019
  2. meedabit

meedabit

Official Vuforia Employee Vuforia

Hello,

The recommendation is to make the target size the same as the physical media you're using. So, if your target is printed full size landscape (no borders) on an A4 piece of paper, 0.297 meters would be specified in the Target Manager.

Thanks,
    Vuforia Engine Support

3. Wolk

Wolk

A4's size is
    210 × 297 mm

0.297 is the target's HEIGHT, vuforia target manager asks you to input target's WIDTH. So i am really confused now.

It is really hard to deal with those sizes in the editor when it comes to object placement, camera movement and lightning. Is there a way to circumvent that?

4. meedabit

meedabit

Official Vuforia Employee Vuforia

Hello,

I was trying to provide you with an example of what is required by the Target Manager. It wasn't meant to provide you with the value you need to use.

The main point is that there is no "good" size for an Image Target. There is only the measured size of your target, the width of which is entered into the Target Manager.

I don't think I'm appreciating the issue you're facing. The target sizes are specified in meters to match Unity's default units, so to hear of your lighting and camera movement challenges is new to me.

Thanks,
    Vuforia Engine Support

5. Image3d

Image3d

Hi I need a sample/ tutorial for making a foot measure AR app like Nike for a cliente using Euforia...

Can you Help ?