Search Unity

Vuforia Hololens Sample, error deploying to Hololens

Discussion in 'Vuforia' started by gomeslaw, Nov 15, 2017.

1. gomeslaw

gomeslaw

Hi, I am currently trying to test the Vuforia Hololens Sample on the Unity
    Asset store and encounter a weird error when attempting to deploy to Hololens. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

When I start without debugging it shows me a "window.png".

Here is a screen shot of the error in question:

DEP6720: Failed to deploy package 'Standard Collector Bridge' (98E13D7B-2AC3-4B11-BBEB-758AD8BD607A). DEP6959: Error removing the file from the remote device: 'C:\Data\Users\DefaultAccount\AppData\Local\DevelopmentFiles\VSRemoteTools\x86\3082\DiagnosticsHubMsg.dll. El sistema no puede encontrar el archivo especificado. (Excepción de HRESULT: 0x80070002)'.

I Attached below a file with my Unity configuration:

I've tried it several times trying different things, but I can't do it successfully. It's very important for me to get this project's holo deployment done. Thank you.

Attached Files:

2. Vuforia-Strasza

Vuforia-Strasza

Official Vuforia Employee Vuforia

You'll need to remove Vuforia from the "Virtual Reality SDKs," this should only contain Windows Mixed Reality. The check box for Vuforia AR Support below this section is all you should have set in terms of Vuforia related settings.

3. gomeslaw

gomeslaw

Thank you for answer.

I've removed vuforia from the sdks, but making the deploy I get the same error:

DEP6720: Failed to deploy package 'Standard Collector Bridge' (98E13D7B-2AC3-4B11-BBEB-758AD8BD607A). DEP6959: Error removing the file from the remote device: 'C:\Data\Users\DefaultAccount\AppData\Local\DevelopmentFiles\VSRemoteTools\x86\3082\DiagnosticsHubMsg.dll. El sistema no puede encontrar el archivo especificado. (Excepción de HRESULT: 0x80070002)'.

Any idea how to fix it?

4. Vuforia-Strasza

Vuforia-Strasza

Which version of Visual Studio are you using?

5. verast_

verast_

hi guys! i have the exact same problem.. i'm using visual studio 2017 community 15.4.4

fun fact: deploying to hololens emulator works.. no problem!

6. verast_

verast_

7. Vuforia-Strasza

Vuforia-Strasza

@vera_jls It looks like you can reach that menu by right clicking your project (not the solution) in the "Solution Explorer" view and selecting properties there. Then navigate down to the "Debug" menu and you'll see the option you're looking for.

Thanks!

8. verast_

verast_

9. Vuforia-Strasza

Vuforia-Strasza

I've attached a screenshot of how I got to this set of properties as well as the properties screen you're looking for. Does opening the properties from this location work for you?

Attached Files:

10. DrPhilippe

DrPhilippe

Hi everyone.

I find mysef in that situation too :/

When deploying a c# project to the Hololens this errors appears but is not critical, but when generating a c++ project (with IL2Cpp) this error is critical.

I am trying to deploy the Vuforia Hololens Sample by the way.

@Vuforia-Strasza it seams that the property window you show in your image is only available on c# projects.
    But @vera_jls and I are deploying c++ project, thus we do not have access to this window (not in this way at least).

In my case i never deployed this project before and it is not installed and the Hololens so it is clear this file does not exists, and i dont see why it should be remove. Thus i don't see why Uninstalling and reinstalling packages would solve anything except if it does so on system libraries ?

Thank you in advance for your help.

P.S. I use Unity 2017.2.0f3 with Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2017 v 15.4.4 and i installed vuforia using the Unity download installer (yesterday's-up-to-date version)

verast_ likes this.
  11. verast_

verast_

@DrPhilippe so I could somehow export my project as C# and then it would work?

thank you for writing that this issue is about c++ i wasn't aware of it

12. DrPhilippe

DrPhilippe

Glad it solved it for you @vera_jls

Unfortunately for me the new release of Vuforia as part of Unity 2017.2 does not give the choice, it must be deployed as C++

The only solution that could work for me would be to downgrade to Unity 5.6 and use the Voforia asset package... but i also need new Unity 2017 features...

13. verast_

verast_

no it didn't solve it, then.. i use vuforia as part of unity as well

14. PhilTone-b4r

PhilTone-b4r

I'm having the same problem:

- It says the projects are out of date
    - I can't find this menu either (I guess it's not there because the project is built in c++ and not c#

I'm up to date on unity and visual studio.

Any ideas on what could be done here?

15. Vuforia-Strasza

Vuforia-Strasza

Hello all,

I have been deploying this project with IL2CPP. I'll include a handful of screenshots of the settings in various places I use. Can you all confirm these settings and test with them?

Thanks

Attached Files:

16. Vuforia-Strasza

Vuforia-Strasza

A couple extra images.

Attached Files:

17. dorinc

dorinc

I'm having the same issue. I have same settings as Vuforia-Strasza showed on screenshots. I get this message:
    These projects are out of date:
    Il2CppOutputProject - Release Win32
    Vuforia HoloLens Sample - Release Win32
    Would you like to build them?

Once I try to build I get errors...

18. Vuforia-Strasza

Vuforia-Strasza

What are the errors and what version of Visual Studio are you using @dorinc ?

19. PhilTone-b4r

PhilTone-b4r

I have the same issues as @dorinc

I have the latest Visual Studio Community Version 2017

EDIT: I might've missed the last update - will check that and confirm if it's working or not

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
  20. dorinc

dorinc

I just updated to Visual Studio 2017 15.5.0 (before I had 15.3.2) and it is working. Thank you

Vuforia-Strasza likes this.
  21. DrPhilippe

DrPhilippe

Hey everyone,

So finaly the update came: from Unity, Visual Studio and Vuforia ! yes just that !

And if you follow the instructions of the documentation and the pictures that @Vuforia-Strasza shared with us, you will get stoped at the build strep in Unity with an error message basically saying that "Vuforia cannot be build using IL2CPP for UWP target platform"

So in the end all i had to do to have this compile and run was to change the scripting backend from IL2CPP to .Net in the player settings.

Hope this works for you all.
    And thanks to everyone who contributed to this conversation even if you did not helped.

And thanks the update

22. jessiejames

jessiejames

Hello everyone,

I've been having a lot of issues with this sample and I was so happy to find someone that recently got it working! I've tried on Unity 2017.3 & 2017.2 using Visual Studio 2017. @DrPhilippe would you mind sharing which versions of Unity and Visual Studio you are using? And did you have to do anything separately to update Vuforia?

Thank you all so much! I really want to get this working and get started with some Vuforia projects. <3

EDIT: I tried doing it the way the pictures described with II2cpp but it wouldn't work for me either. When I switched to .NET it deployed, but it gets stuck after the loading screen. I can't see any of the scene 2 assets. I'm currently using:
    Unity 2017.02.0f3
    Vuforia 6.5.22
    Visual Studios 15.5.6 Community

Last edited: Feb 4, 2018
  23. Vuforia-Strasza

Vuforia-Strasza

@jessiejames Are you seeing a loading reticle when it is stuck?

24. Fdo_decea

Fdo_decea

Hi everybody,

I built this sample with all settings like those screenshots, but when I'm deploying the app over Hololens emulator, after Unity logo, and first splash scene, I get the folowwing message:

upload_2018-4-11_17-40-46.png

25. Vuforia-Strasza

Vuforia-Strasza

The HoloLens Emulator is not supported by Vuforia.