Search Unity

1. Unity 2019.2 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice

Vuforia HoloLens Sample crash on HoloLens but not in Unity

Discussion in 'Windows Mixed Reality' started by Brisnack, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Brisnack

Brisnack

Hello,

I'm using Unity 2018.4.10.f1 and i download the Vuforia HoloLens Sample from the Store and imported it into an empy project.
    When i test it in Unity by using my Mac webcam (i'm running windows 10 with Bootcamp) everything work fine: the models like the Astronaut or the Drone are built into the sample images when i show it to my webcam.

The problems come when i build the project on VisualStudio 2019 and running it on my HoloLens.
    The app opens but i can't see the models when i look at the sample images with the HoloLens.
    Furthemore, while the debugging i get this errors in console:

Exception generated at 0x76EB2DE2 (KernelBase.dll) in Test.exe: WinRT source error - 0xC00DABE0: "No acquisition device available.".
    cameraDeviceStartCamera

And when i look at the sample image instead of the models spawning i get this:

Trackable Astronaut NO_POSE -- UNKNOWN
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_Log(LogType, String, Object)
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogFormat(LogType, Object, String, Object[])
    UnityEngine.Logger:Log(LogType, Object)
    UnityEngine.Debug:Log(Object)
    DefaultTrackableEventHandler:OnTrackableStateChanged(Status, Status)
    Vuforia.TrackableBehaviour:RegisterTrackableEventHandler(ITrackableEventHandler)
    DefaultTrackableEventHandler:Start()
    (Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug.bindings.h Line: 45)
    'Test.exe' (Win32): caricamento di 'C:\Windows\System32\Windows.Media.Speech.dll' completato. Simboli caricati.
    'Test.exe' (Win32): caricamento di 'C:\Windows\System32\BCP47Langs.dll' completato. Simboli caricati.
    'Test.exe' (Win32): caricamento di 'C:\Windows\System32\Speech_OneCore\Common\sapi_onecore.dll' completato. Simboli caricati.
    'Test.exe' (Win32): caricamento di 'C:\Windows\System32\winmmbase.dll' completato. Simboli caricati.
    'Test.exe' (Win32): caricamento di 'C:\Windows\System32\Windows.Globalization.dll' completato. Simboli caricati.
    'Test.exe' (Win32): caricamento di 'C:\Windows\System32\BCP47mrm.dll' completato. Simboli caricati.
    'Test.exe' (Win32): caricamento di 'C:\Windows\System32\FlightSettings.dll' completato. Simboli caricati.
    'Test.exe' (Win32): caricamento di 'C:\Windows\System32\bcd.dll' completato. Simboli caricati.
    onecoreuap\enduser\nui\onecore\sapi\sapi\sr\srcloudpolicy.cpp(255)\sapi_onecore.dll!6405937A: (caller: 640597B1) ReturnHr(1) tid(fe4) 80070005 Access is denied.
    'Test.exe' (Win32): caricamento di 'C:\Windows\System32\Speech_OneCore\Common\SpeechServiceWinRTApi.ProxyStub.dll' completato. Simboli caricati.
    'Test.exe' (Win32): caricamento di 'C:\Windows\System32\Speech_OneCore\Engines\SR\spsrx_onecore.dll' completato. Simboli caricati.
    Trackable Drone NO_POSE -- UNKNOWN
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_Log(LogType, String, Object)
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogFormat(LogType, Object, String, Object[])
    UnityEngine.Logger:Log(LogType, Object)
    UnityEngine.Debug:Log(Object)
    DefaultTrackableEventHandler:OnTrackableStateChanged(Status, Status)
    Vuforia.TrackableBehaviour:RegisterTrackableEventHandler(ITrackableEventHandler)
    DefaultTrackableEventHandler:Start()
    (Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug.bindings.h Line: 45)

Furthermore, if i launch the app on the HoloLens withouth running it on VisualStudio i can see the splash screen and the app close.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2019
  2. timke

timke

Unity Technologies

So this is just a guess, but did you enable the all UWP Capabilities (Permissions) in your VS project? In addition to Webcam and Microphone, you may need to add enable "Gaze Input", which is a new Capability.

The error "No acquisition device available." seems to indicate the app cannot access the camera or some other device; possibly due to missing app permissions.