Search Unity

Vuforia ground plane issue

Discussion in 'Vuforia' started by pjyaneh, Oct 2, 2019.

1. pjyaneh

pjyaneh

hi, i was trying to modify ground plane from the core samples and put my models. It works fine with the default samples, it also works fine when i build it on my nokia 7.1 android phone. But when i modify it and play it on editor it just shows a black screen. Also i have a working old ground plane project that i imported from 2018.2 which uses vuforia 8.0, it doesnt support arm64 thats why i upgraded to 2019.2 for vuforia 8.3. When i play my previous project on editor on 2019, the plane finder works perfectly but when i build it on my phone, the plane finder doesnt seem to work even though i used the ground plane marker.

2. Sika_MC

Sika_MC

Vuforia

Hi @pjyaneh In order for the ground plane to work on your android device, your phone/device needs to support ARCore or Fusion by Vuforia. Nokia 7.1 appears to support ARCore (https://developers.google.com/ar/discover/supported-devices)
    Please go through below check-list:
    1. ARCore Requirement is set to Optional
    2. Device Tracker is checked
    3. Under the Plugins/Android inside your Project in Unity you have the .aar file
    4. The device has Google Play Services for AR installed.

If you have performed all the above steps and you still cannot use ground plane on the device, could you please provide more details on what doesn't work exactly? ( please note that for phones you don't require the groundplane marker)

Thank you.
    Vuforia Engine Support