Search Unity

Vuforia Ground Plane Emulation not working in 7.2.20

Discussion in 'Vuforia' started by rob_ice, Jul 6, 2018.

1. rob_ice

rob_ice

Here we go - just updated to Vuforia 7.2.20 and without doing anything and just running our app we get this error everytime in the console. This happens on mac and windows in the Unity 2018.1.0f2 release

It's pretty annoying too if you are debugging or watching for errors since this plugin seems to have been released without this being picked up on and it also means we actually can't emulate a ground plane in the editor. Makes me wonder why I'm not just using Unity ARFoundation for the ground detection since the arkit remote and arcore remote functionality works fine there.

upload_2018-7-6_9-24-22.png

2. Vuforia-Strasza

Vuforia-Strasza

Official Vuforia Employee Vuforia

Do you have the VuforiaEmulator .xml and .dat file in Assets/Editor/Vuforia/Emulator directory?

3. rob_ice

rob_ice

It seems to not be there, the editor folder is empty basically - that probably explains why - how can I get those files and will we have to manually import them into any Vuforia ground plane project?

4. rob_ice

rob_ice

Seemed unusual but other projects already had those files - I think that we started off with the newest vuforia version in a Unity project and somehow the Editor Vuforia files didn't import- worth keeping an eye on and will post back if we find it happens again.

5. Vuforia-Strasza

Vuforia-Strasza

Official Vuforia Employee Vuforia

Strange. Were you able to successfully pull them over to your current project?

If you keep seeing these files not included in any of your projects please let me know and I can look into it. The Ground Plane Emulator files should be included, but the sample datasets for other features are no longer included by default.

6. rob_ice

rob_ice

We had no trouble bringing the files over afterwards,

If the issue reproduces I will be sure to post back here and tag you in the post, thanks for your help!

Vuforia-Strasza likes this.
  7. chauviloc

chauviloc

Hi Vuforia-Strasza,

I got the same problem, but in my case I got both file VuforiaEmulator.xml and VuforiaEmulator.dat.
    I already enabled Vuforia Augmented Reality.
    I use Vuforia 8.0.10 with Unity 2018.2.5f1. Run on PC and use webcam.
    upload_2019-3-17_10-35-51.png

And here is my config:
    upload_2019-3-17_10-36-40.png upload_2019-3-17_10-36-55.png
    I tried many time but it didnt work.
    Please help me, thanks!