Search Unity

Vuforia Engine 7.5 is Available!

Discussion in 'Vuforia' started by Vuforia-Strasza, Sep 27, 2018.

1. Vuforia-Strasza

Vuforia-Strasza

Official Vuforia Employee Vuforia

The Vuforia Engine team is excited to announce our feature focused 7.5 release!

· Introduction of our new feature: External Camera

· Support for ARCore 1.4

· Enhanced tracking for Model Targets

· Increased ability to detect small targets

· Support for DragonBoard™ 410c

External Camera allows Vuforia Engine to access external video sources beyond the camera equipped in phones and tablets. By using an independent camera, developers can create an AR experience that offers a first-person view from toys, robots or industrial tools.

In 7.5 small target detection has now been enhanced, supporting even more use cases when recognizing VuMarks and Image Targets. When using Model Targets, lighting, reflections, and other surface conditions can cause problems with recognition. Enhanced edge tracking improves the ability to lock on to objects. We’ve also updated the Model Target Generator to provide feedback on the target viability, helping streamline the development process. To continue offering the best cross-platform experience through Vuforia Fusion, we’ve added support for ARCore 1.4 devices.

For a more detailed look at each of our new updates, please review our release notes.

If you’re interested in trying out our new technology that has yet to be released, check out the Vuforia Innovator Program! VIP is designed for professional AR developers looking to get early access to the latest innovations along with direct support from Vuforia Engine experts.

rob_ice likes this.
  2. rob_ice

rob_ice

Great news on the improved small marker tracking - this will benefit a project we are currently working on.

If you or your team have time, please take a look at an issue we are having with a Cloud Repo project when updating to this version of Vuforia - seems some of the classes or methods have changed without any updates to the documentation regarding it. https://forum.unity.com/threads/issue-updating-cloud-reco-proj-from-7-2-24-to-7-5-20.564244/

3. mdhvgpta

mdhvgpta

Hey, I just updated Unity to 2018.2.12f1 but I can't see any update option for vuforia. My version is stuck at 7.2.23. Even check for update option says that the vuforia version is up to date.

4. meedabit

meedabit

Official Vuforia Employee Vuforia

Hello,

That's strange because at this very moment I downloaded our latest release (7.5.26) from the Editor (Window->Vuforia Configuration). Perhaps it is something with your network connection?

Thanks,
    Vuforia Engine Support

5. LilGames

LilGames

What version of Unity are we supposed to use with this latest update? All I'm trying to do is get your Ground Plane demo working. I upgraded Vuforia to 7.5.26. I checked the configuration. i made sure XR settings are set to Vuforia, etc... Unity 2018.2.1f1

I open the scene "3-GroundPlane" but can't play it. These are the errors:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Assets/Common/Scripts/CloudErrorHandler.cs(10,14): error CS0535: `CloudErrorHandler' does not implement interface member `Vuforia.ICloudRecoEventHandler.OnInitialized(Vuforia.TargetFinder)'
    3. Assets/SamplesResources/SceneAssets/CloudReco/Scripts/CloudRecoEventHandler.cs(17,14): error CS0535: `CloudRecoEventHandler' does not implement interface member `Vuforia.ICloudRecoEventHandler.OnInitialized(Vuforia.TargetFinder)'
    Help?
    @meedabit

Last edited: Oct 24, 2018
  6. rob_ice

rob_ice

Refer to my thread here, this has not been updated in the documentation
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/issue-updating-cloud-reco-proj-from-7-2-24-to-7-5-20.564244/

If you download their Books AR cloud example project from the asset store you can see the lines of code they added to amend this.. without really telling anyone about it

LilGames likes this.
  7. LuxVideoProd

LuxVideoProd

Here's the fix.. (I'm using unity 2018.2.15f1 on a mac)

in the CloudRecoEventHandler.cs script file..

in void Update()
    change : SetCloudActivityIconVisible(m_ObjectTracker.TargetFinder.IsRequesting());
    to : SetCloudActivityIconVisible(m_ObjectTracker.GetTargetFinder<TargetFinder>().IsRequesting());

change the public void OnInitialized()
    to : public void OnInitialized(TargetFinder targetFinder)

and change this line : m_TargetFinder = m_ObjectTracker.TargetFinder;
    to m_TargetFinder = m_ObjectTracker.GetTargetFinder<TargetFinder>();

THEN

in the CloudErrorHandler.cs file...
    change public void OnInitialized() to public void OnInitialized(TargetFinder targetFinder)

VOILA!!! that got rid of all the error messages

I was able to build it in xcode sucessfully, BUT i could not test it on my iPhone 8 plus since i updated it to version 12 not long ago :(

rob_ice likes this.
  8. hafizatta

hafizatta

After following the above steps I am getting these errors when I am trying to build and run for android platform.
    UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow+BuildMethodException: 2 errors
    at UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow+DefaultBuildMethods.BuildPlayer (BuildPlayerOptions options) [0x00234] in /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/BuildPlayerWindowBuildMethods.cs:190
    at UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow.CallBuildMethods (Boolean askForBuildLocation, BuildOptions defaultBuildOptions) [0x0007f] in /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/BuildPlayerWindowBuildMethods.cs:96
    UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow:BuildPlayerAndRun()

9. edwardbaoli1

edwardbaoli1

I have the same problem with you, have you solved it?