Search Unity

1. Unity 2018.3 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We've updated our Terms of Service. Please read our blog post from Unity CTO and Co-Founder Joachim Ante here
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Want to provide direct feedback to the Unity team? Join the Unity Advisory Panel.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice

Vuforia databases - Image Target issue

Discussion in 'Vuforia' started by unity_1mLYsh-GweTfMQ, Jan 6, 2019.

1. unity_1mLYsh-GweTfMQ

unity_1mLYsh-GweTfMQ

Good day! Have some problem about importing vuforia target database to unity. Import is ok, i see in Vuforia configuration two databases: My imported database and VuforiaMars_Images database, but when i create image target, it appears as empty rectangle without default image in the scene and on inspector i see for item "Image Target Behaviour (Script)" next settings

Type "Predefined"
    Database "EMPTY"
    Image Target "EMPTY"

When i click on EMPTY for database, in dropdown i didn't see available databases: My imported database and VuforiaMars_Images database

Maybe someone knows what i make wrong? Because i read unity documentation and watch several videos on youtube and seems that i make all ok, but databases still missing in dropdown.
    Hope that i describe the problem understandable. If it's need i can make the screenshots.

Thanks for the answer!

2. meedabit

meedabit

Official Vuforia Employee Vuforia

Hello,

We have heard of similar issues: https://forum.unity.com/threads/vuforia-unity-database-load-problem.531057/#post-4069246

Although I don't understand the issue, the current forum workaround is mentioned. However, I don't recommend it as a 'fix' at this time since we don't have a root cause analysis complete.

Which version of the SDK and Unity Editor are you using? Have you set and "regional" settings after Editor installation? Can you share the device database that you've downloaded from the Target Manager so that I can do some testing?

Thanks,
    Vuforia Engine Support

3. unity_1mLYsh-GweTfMQ

unity_1mLYsh-GweTfMQ

Hi, meedabit! Thank's! Yes, seems that this is the same problem https://forum.unity.com/threads/vuforia-unity-database-load-problem.531057/#post-4069246

1) I use unity 2018.3.0f2 and vuforia 7.5.26
    2) Have you set and "regional" settings after Editor installation? Yes, i setup this, Ukraine(non Crimea)
    3) Here is database for image target
    4) I also attach some screens from editor with image target settings and vuforia configuration

Thank's!

Attached Files:

4. unity_1mLYsh-GweTfMQ

unity_1mLYsh-GweTfMQ

Hi, meedabit! Just now receive update for vuforia 8.0.10 and now works fine

meedabit likes this.
  5. meedabit

meedabit

Official Vuforia Employee Vuforia