Search Unity

Vuforia causes the unity splash to freeze

Discussion in 'Vuforia' started by unnanego, May 22, 2019.

1. unnanego

unnanego

Hi!

I have a simple project with just UI and vuforia. When starting the app, first unity splash shows, then it freezes at 10% opacity until Vuforia is initialized, then the first scene loads. Setting the splash duration to 10 seconds doesn't help get rid of the freeze - it freezes even for longer time - it seems vuforia is not initializing during the splash screen, but starts immediately after.

I have tried using delayed initialization, but it doesn't work or rather I can't find any documentation on this (WHY?!).

Is there anything I can do?

I also tried implementing a splash screen scene, but it doesn't help - the unity splash still freezes and it goes straight to the main scene ignoring the splash scene (the splash scene only has a LoadScene(1) method in it and a picture).

Please, help, this is really annoying(

2. meedabit

meedabit

Official Vuforia Employee Vuforia

Hello,

Vuforia Engine 7.2 (and beyond) made changes to the initialization process that may impact the flow of your application. The default initialization behavior of Vuforia Engine is to download the latest device profile in order to deliver the best experience on the device. Depending on the speed of the user's internet, this could add several seconds to application load. This only occurs the very first time the user launches the app and will not impact application loading in future launches of the app.

It is strongly recommended to allow the Vuforia Engine to fetch the latest device profile. Developers looking to disable this behavior should set the following hint before initializing Vuforia: VuforiaUnity.SetHint(VuforiaHint.HINT_ASYNC_FETCH_OF_LATEST_CALIBRATION, 1);

HTH.

Thanks,
    Vuforia Engine Support

3. unnanego

unnanego

Thanks, but this happens every time, even if I set splash to 10 seconds.
    also, I've tried SetHint already - it doesn't help