Search Unity

Vuforia Background Plane Issues

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by sahilsinghWhatbox, Feb 13, 2018.

1. sahilsinghWhatbox

sahilsinghWhatbox

So i have a fairly complicated app running multiple scenes with vuforia. The app starts off with scene A which is a login, leads to scene B which is a scan of a Object target, and Scene C which is the scan of the same object target.

The first time around the app works fine, but when i restart the app, the camera in Scene C gets disoriented in one of the following ways at random, but in most cases its number 1 :-

1) Half the screen is a skewed version of one of the canvas screens on the same scene (Screenshot)

2) The Camera is extremely zoomed in

3) The camera is returning smooth grey static

4) Red Screen

Im not able to pin point why this is happening, also i gave a 2 second lag to enable Vuforia Behaviour, seems to be fixing it,

Stretched Screen Error -

Red Screen Error -

Unity Version - 2017.3.0p4

Test Device - Samsung S7 Edge running Android Version 7.0

Vuforia - Latest Auto downloaded on unity

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
  2. Joberon

Joberon

So this bug appears to also be in unity 2017.5.15f1, and I think I found the issue:

When the app is running, it creates a child called BackgroundPlane. Something in the Vuforia code causes the Background plane to auto-update once you re-enter the app or change scenes. It's incredibly inconsistent and I don't have a way of changing Vuforia to fix it, so I'm working on a force fix until this bug is figured out.

3. blackhawk_001

blackhawk_001

hi @Joberon . do you manage to force fix backgroundPlane using code? can you explain to me on how to achieve it?