Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Vuforia AR Camera Black Screen Issue

Discussion in 'AR' started by olyislam, Nov 2, 2022.

1. olyislam

olyislam

I am developing some AR features in my android project using Android studio and Unity Engine.
    This is my first project to combine Unity Engine features inside the Native Android project, specifically using Vuforia Engine inside the native wrapper.

Currently, I am following three steps to add unity features into the android studio project.

1. Configure Unity Project and export to Android Project.
    2. I opened the exported Android project and I prepared it as a library to generate the Android Archive (AAR) file.
    3. I Imported the .aar file into the main Android project to implement Unity features.

I have tested three different stages like below.
    1. I have generated an .apk file inside the Unity project before exporting to the Android project.The build file works fine on the device.
    2. I also have generated an .apk file from the Android project that was exported from the Unity engine right before generating the Android Archive (AAR) file. The build file is also working as expected.
    3. After imported the .aar file into the main Android project to combine Unity Features: In this stage, I am facing Black screen issue when opening the UnityPlayerActivity But Unity canvas is still rendering on the screen of UnityPlayerActivity, Only the AR Camera is not working.

Development Tools:
    Unity Engine 2021.3.11f1
    Vuforia package-10-10-2
    Android Studio Dolphin 2021.3.1

Can anyone be kind enough to guide me on this process? This is an urgent one!

Last edited: Nov 2, 2022
  2. andyb-unity

andyb-unity

Unity Technologies