Search Unity

Vuforia android builds and video playback problems

Discussion in 'Vuforia' started by wrichards, Feb 19, 2018.

1. wrichards

wrichards

Aloha, Ive read after running into this problem with android builds:
    Im learning Vuforia and unity, Ive built several programs using the target image and playing a video back. It worls fine on PC and when ported to Andriod the video is very choppy and such. Ive read theres some codex or such problem with unity and Vuforia a known bug that was to be fixed in the 2017 vers but It dosent sem to be the case... ive turned off the rendering toggle as i can remember as recomended but its nto it. Ive also read that Vuforia wants a MJPEG format a MOV format? Ive tried most every format my PowerDirector program has... ICan anyone help me with the correct video format or such or explain this problem a bit more? Im diving into AR petty fast and would like to work these thigns out asap to move on to bigger bettter things...
    Thanks for any all responses in advance

Rick
    getHIGames

2. bsebag

bsebag

I am also experiencing a video player issue on Android. It works perfectly on iOS. But, not on Android. The video PLAYS, but the screen is sometimes BLACK, sometimes WHITE....sometimes BROWN. We can see that the video is beinf streamed but the image is a SOLID COLOR.

3. wpetillo

wpetillo

Bumping this, same issue. Running out of the editor, can recognize image, display image overlay, and play video fine. But on building to Android phone, can display image overlay but video shows up as a white quad (and no sound).

4. leinard98

leinard98

Any fix for this? I'm having the same issue