Search Unity

Vuforia 7 Model Targets. Hologram Drifting after Stopping Vuforia Behaviour

Discussion in 'Vuforia' started by voonfoo98, Jan 8, 2018.

1. voonfoo98

voonfoo98

I have tried the sample scene of Vuforia 7 Model Targets and deployed into HoloLens. The tracking works perfectly. It also works with the model that I wanted to track too.

However, I wanted to close and stop the Vuforia Behaviour (meaning the camera to stop it for further tracking) for my own HoloLens Unity Project. But, the hologram was drifting badly and does not seem to be able to stay in place after i stopped Vuforia Behaviour. When i moved while wearing the HoloLens, the hologram are just moving with me and not able to stay in the right position.

Does anyone faced this problem before? Please do guide me on how to solve this :)

2. nahoy

nahoy

Hello!

I'm really interested in seeing how it looks like on the HoloLens and see the tracking in action. If you make a video and share it with us, that would be awesome :)

3. maggschnid

maggschnid

If you disable the behavior, then there won't be tracking. Not sure what the question is. It sounds like expected behaviour that the model would stay in front of you in one place without tracking?

You could try a setup where all of your code is in a child gameobject of the tracking target, and right before you disable the behaviour, you set the child gameobject's transform to null, now the tracking will be entirely up to the hololen's interpretation of the space you are in

Vuforia-Strasza likes this.
  4. voonfoo98

voonfoo98

Hmm, I have been wanting to try extended tracking on Vuforia. The documentation says that Extended Tracking allows the Vuforia Behaviour to transfer its tracking behaviour to HoloLens when extended tracking is activated. It means that the Hologram will not drift when HoloLens is handling the tracking? However, i am not able to start extended tracking on HoloLens. Anyone have any idea how to?

I am using Unity Version 5.6.2f1.

5. anoj117

anoj117

Don't know if this helps, but "Extended tracking" in Vuforia has been deprecated. It has since been replaced with "Track Device Pose" which is a check box located in the Vuforia Engine settings within Unity, under the Device Tracker option.