Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Vuforia 7 beta access

Discussion in 'Vuforia' started by robertslr, Oct 25, 2017.

1. robertslr

robertslr

Hello All,
    I was doing doing researches for porting an existing project that uses Vuforia 6 to AR Kit.
    I also read on Vuforia press release that Vuforia 7 will have a similar ground detection feature.
    According with this ARTICLE Vuforia 7 should be integrated as befa on Unity on 2017.3 beta 4. Can anyone from Vuforia confirm this?
    If this is not correct, is there any estimated release date or future supported version, to start implementing Vuforia 7 functionalities, even in beta?
    Thank you in advice for your time.

2. Vuforia-Strasza

Vuforia-Strasza

Official Vuforia Employee Vuforia

Hello robertsir,

The Ground Plane APIs are in the 2017.3 beta currently, but there is no documentation or samples available at the current time.

Thanks!

3. robertslr

robertslr

Thanks @Vuforia-Strasza for your quick replay. I Really appreciate this kind of support.
    Are you planning to release documentations or sample scenes before the official 2017.3 release?

Vuforia-Strasza likes this.
  4. Vuforia-Strasza

Vuforia-Strasza

They will most likely be available either alongside the release, or shortly after it. I'll definitely be making an announcement on these forums and our own forums when they are available.
    Sorry I do not have any hard set dates to give at this time.

5. SomeTallGy

SomeTallGy

Strasza -- I am currently R&Ding Vuforia's ground plane API -- however, I am having trouble knowing where to start. Can you point us in the right direction?

6. vad710

vad710

Vuforia

We'll have more documentation available as the feature matures.

theolagendijk likes this.
  7. Kubic75

Kubic75

Wow, nice to have some official Vuforia support here!

I use Unity/Vuforia for a long time and recently tested IKEAs furniture app based on ARKit.
    I am a bit dissappointed by the tracking stability compared to the tracking I am used to based on the Vuforia marker system.

The objects are not really "connected" to where they get placed:
    It seems like they "swim" on the floor. I estimate the deviation is approximately around 15cm which seems a lot to me.

I really hope Vuforia will be more accurate.

Will Vuforia have an appropriate ground plane tracking system or "just" unify ARKit and ARCore?
    Some info on this would be nice.

Thank you!

8. Vuforia-Strasza

Vuforia-Strasza

@SomeTallGy It looks like the APIs in the current 2017.3 aren't entirely ready. I'll update this thread when a build with a better starting point is available.

@Kubic75 Ground Plane will be available on devices outside of ARKit and ARCore. As mentioned here, https://developer.vuforia.com/, Vuforia Fusion will bring advanced features to ARKit and ARCore devices as well as other devices to provide as much cross platform coverage as possible.

9. Dover8

Dover8

Have you guys got even a sliver of information on how to access Ground plane in the current Beta? I have an app I'm developing for the next couple of weeks. And while Extended Tracking is doing an ok job of what I'm trying to achieve, Ground Plane would be the difference maker in the experience.

10. robertslr

robertslr

As Vuforia team members before, it looks like the Ground Plane API is still not ready yet. It would be great to start working with that even if not stable, from a feature release on.
    Can anyone from Vuforia publish a simple demo scene with Ground Plane functionalities, when a preview version will be available?

11. Vuforia-Strasza

Vuforia-Strasza

A sample of Ground Plane will be available around the time of the release of the feature.

12. Gloryal

Gloryal

How to use Fusion in Unity 2017.3.0b8 ? How to enable ARKit ? I tried enable extended tracking but i think it don't use Fusion (test on iPad Pro with IOs 11). Actually i use OpenCV with ARKit for marker recognition.

13. Vuforia-Strasza

Vuforia-Strasza

As mentioned previously, samples and documentation on using Vuforia 7 features will be provided closer to the commercial release.

Thank you for your patience.

14. Aiursrage2k

Aiursrage2k

Did anyone figure out how to make this work? Why is it so hard to have both marker and markless ar

15. Dover8

Dover8

You will be able to do it in Vuforia 7 which will be released SOON (watch this space)

16. TechnicalArtist

TechnicalArtist

How to use ground plane in unity 2017.3.f1?

17. Dover8

Dover8

It's not available in that version of Unity. Should be in an upcoming release (non beta) very soon.

18. HEATH3N

HEATH3N

2017.3 stable was just released and the announcement page even mentions Ground Plane for Vuforia 7...soon, maybe, we'll get documentation?

19. Vuforia-Strasza

Vuforia-Strasza

@HEATH3N

The documentation is in the process of being published and will be available by the end of the week. I'll provide an update when it is available.

Thanks

HEATH3N likes this.
  20. Vuforia-Strasza

Vuforia-Strasza

Last edited: Dec 19, 2017
  21. TechnicalArtist

TechnicalArtist