Search Unity

Vuforia 7.2 camera settings and arcore

Discussion in 'Vuforia' started by magglemitch, Jul 4, 2018.

1. magglemitch

magglemitch

I've updated my project to Vuforia 7.2 and imported the ARCore plugin. The Ground Plane is now working amazing on my Samsung S7 Edge. However, I'm unable to focus the camera properly.

Before, I'd have it so if you tapped on the screen, it would focus the cam by using this code:

CameraDevice.Instance.SetFocusMode(CameraDevice.FocusMode.FOCUS_MODE_TRIGGERAUTO);

But now that doesn't do anything. I saw in the Known Issues section - that "ARCore versions 1.0-1.2 do not support continuous auto-focus which may cause issues when detecting small targets or VuMarks".

Considering when the app is no longer in focus, any small targets are untrackable. I've tried setting the Vuforia settings to optimize quality but still nothing.

I've noticed that if I enable the ARCore plugin (tried core-1.2.0 and core-1.3.0) then I'm unable to do any camera focusing or enable/disable the torch.When using ARCore, does it completely disable any camera settings we can access?

Enabling ARCore also makes the initial app open/load noticeably longer.

2. Vuforia-Strasza

Vuforia-Strasza

Official Vuforia Employee Vuforia

Similar to the original launch of ARKit, ARCoredoes not support auto focus. When Vuforia utilizes ARCore, we take on their camera settings, such as the focus. Unfortunately at the moment with ARCore, you'll be unable to utilize autofocus. We're guessing that, again similar to ARKit, a future update to ARCore will support autofocus and thus allow us to resolve this issue.

3. magglemitch

magglemitch

Ah I see. Is this the same for the flashlight and other camera options too?

4. Vuforia-Strasza

Vuforia-Strasza

Flashlight I'd have to check. Which other settings are you referring to?

5. magglemitch

magglemitch

It was mostly just being able to focus (or at least recognise small image trackers), and use the flashlight. Seeing as both of those break when ARcore is enabled is a bit of a deal breaker for now.

Hopefully they’re able to update/fix that soon.

6. ThinkHims

ThinkHims

Hi @mitchtbh

I also imported the ARCore plugin with Vuforia fusion, but it's hard to see any difference in plane detection. How were you able to figure out that ARCore plane detection has taken over? I still see the default plane indicator that comes with Vuforia, and there is no plane mesh generation during scanning like we see in ARCore apps.

7. meedabit

meedabit

Hello @ThinkHims,

You can use this API after Vuforia has initialized: https://library.vuforia.com/content...lities.html#ac4b8cf538fb9fdf91552f398de6fe33d

And check the return value:
    https://library.vuforia.com/content...uforia.html#afa43fb4756bd67edb0ea1bca50033dce
    (also check https://library.vuforia.com/content...com_1_1vuforia_1_1FUSION__PROVIDER__TYPE.html)

Thanks,
    Vuforia Engine Support

8. multimediamarkers

multimediamarkers

9. KillerBeePers

KillerBeePers

I have a similar issue. I have remove ARcore form the project, but nothing change. The app doesn't work on samsung S8 and the torch doesn't work too. I use Unity 2018.1.7f1 and Vuforia 7.2.24. Does this seems that actually, Vuforia app doesn't work on samsung above the S7 versions?

10. cvasquez-coiron

cvasquez-coiron

Same thing here, fusion/arcore is not working in Galaxy S7 devices, ground plane detection is not working properly on those devices.

VuforiaRuntimeUtilities.GetActiveFusionProvider() returns FusionProviderType.VUFORIA_SENSOR_FUSION.
    (It should return FusionProviderType.PLATFORM_SENSOR_FUSION when using ArCore.)

BTW, we are using:
    - Unity 2018.2.7f1 64 bit
    - core-1.4.0.aar
    - Vuforia 7.2.24

11. Vuforia-Strasza

Vuforia-Strasza

Is ARCore installed on the device you are testing on?

12. multimediamarkers

multimediamarkers

13. multimediamarkers

multimediamarkers

Yes this worked ... i did put the AAR file in the Plugins/Android directory and now i see with the GetActiveProvider function that ARCore is enabled ...

I used:
    Unity 2018.2.6F1
    Vuforia 7.2.23 (.24 is not possible because .23 is the latest update from Vuforia)
    core-1.4.0

14. ayeshamaqsood30

ayeshamaqsood30

Hi, can you please guide me where to write this GetActiveProvide function in which script and if possible please share this full function.

I am using
    unity 2018.2.10f1
    vuforia 7.2.23
    core-1.3.0

15. monark

monark

16. meedabit

meedabit

Hello @monark,

Are you asking how to determine the version of the Vuforia Engine SDK? Or ARCore?

My recollection is that both are emitted by Vuforia SDK logging.

Thanks,
    Vuforia Engine Support