Search Unity

Vuforia 7.2.20 and Android submission : ARCore com.google.ar.core.min_apk_version isn't in AndroidMa

Discussion in 'Vuforia' started by -Aymeric-, Jul 3, 2018.

1. -Aymeric-

-Aymeric-

Hey,

On Unity 2018.2.6 I updated Vuforia to 7.2.20 without problem and made an apk which works fine.

Then I uploaded it on Google Play, and got an error saying that:
    The minimum version code of the ARCore dependency com.google.ar.core.min_apk_version is not in the AndroidManifest.xml file, but the com.google.ar.core metadata tag has been specified.

How to fix it? Also I want my app to be available on all Android devices, not only those with AR Core support !

2. HulioVR

HulioVR

Same problem here. Bugged on Unity 2018.1.6, Vuforia to 7.2.20

3. SozoDev

SozoDev

I have the same problem. Built using Unity 2018.1.4f1 Vuforia 7.2.20.

[edit]
    I exported the Android build from Unity, opened it with Android Studio, edited the AndroidManifest.xml file by adding this line with the other meta-data entries:
    <meta-data android:name="com.google.ar.core.min_apk_version" android:value="180226000" />

Made a release build and uploaded it to the Play console. Seems to have passed the test, but I haven't checked that the apk works yet. Hope this might do the trick...

Last edited: Jul 5, 2018
  4. Deleted User

Deleted User

5. owiesniak

owiesniak

thinkcode and Vuforia-Strasza like this.
  6. ARideout

ARideout

Unfortunately, including arcore causes devices that support it to no longer be able to autofocus. Which causes issues with small image tracking. Seems like this is a result of arcore not supporting refocusing internally. So this may allow the build to work, but messes with the functionality of the app.

7. ANIMA-LT

ANIMA-LT

I have same error

8. theolagendijk

theolagendijk

That is correct, see @Vuforia-Strasza 's comment about this here ; https://forum.unity.com/threads/vuforia-7-2-camera-settings-and-arcore.538940/#post-3554556

Vuforia-Strasza likes this.
  9. magglemitch

magglemitch

Seeing that at this stage - enabling ARCore will mean you can't autofocus or access the flashlight/torch.

I've tried having the .aar file in the Android plugins folder but with Android unchecked. I've tried removing it from the project too and I still get the Google Play upload error.

Is there a fix for this besides having to export the project into Android Studio?

10. HeavyProduction

HeavyProduction

Any other solutions for this? When building into an Android Studio project I am getting a bunch of errors from other plugins it seems. Frustrating with every Vuforia release there is an issue, and its not a quick turnaround to fix them either.

11. ahmadpi

ahmadpi

Yesterday I updated to Vuforia 7.2.23 because of issue with iOS Camera, but then got this error when building for Android. This link saved my time troubleshooting! Thanks for sharing! It works!

However, I still hope Vuforia team will fix this to make it work without this workaround.

AndrewLaBoyXR likes this.
  12. -Aymeric-

-Aymeric-

Without using the .aar file (finally I don't want to use ARCore with my app), I just added to my AndroidManifest.xml
    Code (CSharp):
    1. <meta-data android:name="com.google.ar.core.min_apk_version" android:value="24" />
    and it works fine.

13. gpquanli

gpquanli

This works on Unity 2018.2.4f1 and Vuforia 7.2.24
    For people who are wondering how to change the AndroidManifest.xml
    You have to create an override file on Assets/Plugins/Android/AndroidManifest.xml
    You can just copy it from /Temp/StagingArea/AndroidManifest.xml and add the line under applications.

Cheers!

Siccity likes this.
  14. Abdul_M

Abdul_M

I had the same issue, just delete the core 1.4 ( mine was the ar core 1.4 I put into my plugins). that fold collides with the manifest and causes it to crash.

15. TerekhinDT

TerekhinDT

If I add manifest in "Plugins/Android" then my SceneLoader not working if I use OBB.

16. DanielSafs

DanielSafs

I solved this issue by exporting to Android Studio and deleting the meta-data of ar core in the VuforiaWrapper manifest under MergedManifests. I could upload my project and my autofocus still works.

meedabit likes this.
  17. SYEDALIHASSAN

SYEDALIHASSAN

solved:
    when i install new vuforia unity giving error when build for android so i just check Assets/Plugins/Android folder and saw there are two core file core1.4.0 and core1.6.0.aar so i removed core1.6 from my project and now it solved my problem do try it.

Dover8 and Extrapolated like this.
  18. probhe31

probhe31

solved:
    Adding <meta-data android:name="com.google.ar.core.min_apk_version" android:value="24" /> on the manifest inside tag application <application .... <activitiy....../> HERE ......

19. ToonsTech

ToonsTech

I have created an Vurforia-based AR .apk that's just under 45MB. When I run it through Android Studio, either as signed bundle or .apk, the releasing .abb or .apk always comes out 1.2-1.5MB respectively. I am obviously doing something wrong. It can't be compressing the file that much, can it? Attachments show screen shoots of Android Studio "before" and "after" running Generate Signed Bundle/APK.

Here is "AFTER" screen shot. Whether setting is debug or production, result always the same.

In addition, i have difficult time with version errors. I have added the code suggest above to the manifest.xml, but cold use some coaching on how to manage versions in Play Store, but first I need to figure out what's happening when I attempt to run the .apk through Studio.

20. Extrapolated

Extrapolated

Thanks, helped me

SYEDALIHASSAN likes this.
  21. SYEDALIHASSAN

SYEDALIHASSAN

Great..