Search Unity

VUE800 VR Treadmill help please! Yes, I bought it. Need 'W' to emulate touchpad!!

Discussion in 'VR' started by oxfordvrcade, Oct 1, 2018.

1. oxfordvrcade

oxfordvrcade

Hi guys,

So I bought this treadmill from china, and all it does, is when it detects movement of the leg sensors, it sends the keyboard letter 'W' command to walk forward

Unfortunately, most VR games use the touchpad to move forward.

I need to be able to emulate HTC Vive touchpad 1,0 on the x y axis(going forward) when I press W on the keyboard.

I have a little programming background, a few years in school, but that was over a decade ago.

I figured out the OpenVR code, and send the command to emulate touching the touchpad going forward,

and it was acting like it's doing something, but the fallout guy would not move.

I tried to download openvrinspector but couldnt figure out how to install it.

I'm rusty, I know. So now I'm going to turn to unity.

I am unity noob and need any info you have on triggering the touchpad without actually touching it.

I can probably figure out how to tie that in to the W keypress, at the very minimum, I need help calling the touchpad axis touch event.

I looked all over the internet, and couldn't find any decent help on this topic. Any help from you guys would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

2. JoeStrout

JoeStrout

I don't think Unity can help with this. Unity is for making games, not altering inputs to other games.

To do what you want would require some sort of system-level hacking. Or, more likely, perhaps you can find some way to make Fallout respond to WASD (in its configuration settings, or via a Fallout mod of some sort).

3. oxfordvrcade

oxfordvrcade

4. JoeStrout

JoeStrout

No, that guy's talking about making his own game. If you want to write your own game that uses this treadmill, then sure, we can help you do that with Unity.