Search Unity

VSCode not working like before ?

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Quast, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Quast

Quast

Hi.
    I open new project with with pipeline temp and when created new c# script I found VScode not working like before !! There is error show up on output window.
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Failed to spawn 'dotnet --info'
    Which mean "The .sln and project.json files are disappeared from project file."
    Now all my projects become have the same issue when open or create new script !!?
    OK. How to solve this ?

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
  2. ibbybn

ibbybn

Try opening the folder of the project in vscode first and then ctrl+p and find type your script name. I think vscode just isn't associating the solution with the cs file yet in your case. Had to start doing this also but I think it has to do with the latest vscode update.

3. Quast

Quast

I got headache from this. Really, two days just looking for a solution !!.
    No solution for this.
    I started to use Notepad++ with VSC themes.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
  4. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Before what? What did you change? At any rate, generally a reinstall fixes issues like this. And you might consider Visual Studio instead of Visual Code, but they both should work ok.

5. Quast

Quast

I updateed VSC !! I wish now if I did not do that.
    Notepad++ is cool but not debugger !!
    Installed VS2017 working without any issue. But...themes is really bad and not compared to VSCode. Which make it not easy to read.
    I Uninstalled vscode and cleaned my pc. Then install it again with omnishapre...nothing change. Unfortunationly, I cann't find smooth script editor like VScode.

6. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

You can set themes in Visual Studio also, a quick Google search will find it

7. Quast

Quast

Yes, There is.

The problem here is with text. All not giving good text colors.
    I search for themes but they request GitHub....I will back to code. But really unity debugger should be available on other editors !! Look, when I write something like "true,false,float int..." it doesn't show up on the small window like before.

I will look for old version or try other methods.

8. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

You can set custom text colors in Visual Studio, as shown in your screenshot. Look for the next menu item down! I'm not sure what you mean by "float, int," etc and what small window? And Unity doesn't make a "debugger", it's part of the editor that you are using, and allows you to debug any app you build, not just Unity.

9. Quast

Quast

Manually, not like in VScode. Just click on theme and all change.

If you write // Public flo...// it should give you option "float". With me is not appear at all !!! Not only that, many things like this.
    oh..OK. Sorry I misunderstand this point.
    Do you know any free editor can debug like VS ?

10. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Just use VS and change the colors as you like. Yeah, might take you all of 2-5 minutes. Not sure how much time you are spending on this issue, but just sayin' ! And by "small window", the term you are looking for is Intellisense.

11. Quast

Quast

2-5 mins ! Really :D.
    Anyway, good to get back to scripting.
    Thank you Jeff.

12. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

@Quast It took you less time? Cool!