Search Unity

VS Code opening project name tabs

Discussion in 'Code Editors & IDEs' started by GMF123321, Jul 13, 2018.

1. GMF123321

GMF123321

When I launch Visual Studio Code, my specified external editor, by double clicking a script in Unity, it opens some tabs that are based on the name of my project. See the attached image, where there are files opened for my scripts and then to the right of them appear empty files that are based on the names of my projects (Block Breaker, Number Wizard Console) where each one is a word in the title separated by a space. This bothers me and I was wondering if there is any way to disable or prevent it? I am using Unity 2018.2.0f2 and the latest version of VS Code, and this did not happen with Monodevelop. Thank you for any help.

Attached Files:

jyfc, Sandsten, thehen2 and 1 other person like this.
  2. thehen2

thehen2

I'm having the same issue, and double clicking any script in Unity opens a blank file.

3. Duy_Tr

Duy_Tr

I got this bug also. It's very uncomfortable!

4. Sandsten

Sandsten

I have the exact same issue too.
    No extentions enabled in VSCode.

Unity version: 2018.2.0f2

5. GMF123321

GMF123321

This bug stopped happening for me and I believe it's because I added the unity project solution to VS Code.

6. jyfc

jyfc

I'm getting the same thing.

As stated here, try renaming your folders so that the path to your project does not contain spaces.

I renamed a couple of folders so that the path to my project doesn't contain spaces anymore, and it works.

Don't worry about renaming folders inside your project/assets/ folder, the problem seems to be vscode trying to find the .sln or another related vs project file so the only path we're concerned with is your path/to/project.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2018