Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

VS Code Errors??

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Shabbalaka, Mar 19, 2019.

1. Shabbalaka

Shabbalaka

Hi, I recently installed the new Unity IDE and VS Code and now when i try to edit a new c# script i get a massive list of info, fail and warn messages and the intellisense is not working i tried following the guide on code.visualstudio.com

[fail]: OmniSharp.MSBuild.ProjectLoader
    The reference assemblies for framework ".NETFramework,Version=v4.7.1" were not found. To resolve this, install the SDK or Targeting Pack for this framework version or retarget your application to a version of the framework for which you have the SDK or Targeting Pack installed. Note that assemblies will be resolved from the Global Assembly Cache (GAC) and will be used in place of reference assemblies. Therefore your assembly may not be correctly targeted for the framework you intend.

[fail]: OmniSharp.MSBuild.ProjectManager
    Attemped to update project that is not loaded: c:\Users\Shabalaka\Documents\Test2\Assembly-CSharp.csproj

I installed .NET Framework 4.7.1 but this is saying this is not found..: S

If anyone has any ideas it would be appreciated or even a guide on how to get this to work please!

2. Shabbalaka

Shabbalaka

For anyone else who is seeing this error, I managed to fix mine by downloading the Developer Pack for the requested Framework in my case it was 4.7.1,

Also when installing Visual Studio Code make sure it,s the System one you install and not the User version as finding C:/User/AppData/Local is a nuisance and the System installer will install to C:/Program Files with no problems!

Hope this helps other people!

Last edited: Mar 19, 2019