Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Question VS Code Android Debugging - no reaction to breakpoints.

Discussion in 'Code Editors & IDEs' started by neginfinity, Aug 18, 2021.

1. neginfinity

neginfinity

Configuration:
    Windows 10,
    VS Code 1.59.0,
    Unity 2020.3.11f1,
    Debugger for Unity 3.0.2
    C# for visual code 1.23.14.

Problem:
    When I set a breakpoint in VS code for android player, the breakpoint doesn't trigger.
    To be more precise, when the device reaches location of breakpoint, it freezes, but VSCode does not react in any way. Meaning it does not highlight the line, does not show variables, nothing happens. It is as if the program is still running, even though it is definitely frozen on the device. Once I detach the debugger, the program continues running normally.

So, how do I fix this?

The only mention of this problem I found is this:
    https://stackoverflow.com/questions...bug-not-working-when-want-to-see-a-breakpoint

That's not helpful, as Scripting Runtime isn't even a thing in my version of unity, as far as I can tell.

It also doesn't seem to matter if I'm in Arm v7 Mono build or Arm 64 IL2CPP build, aside from Il2CPP build taking eternity to compile with development flags on.