Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

vs 2017 no longer able to debug Unity

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by mholmes, Apr 26, 2019.

1. mholmes

mholmes

Unity and vs 2017 was working just fine until today. I'd been having issues with 4.x framework in the past but been able to still debug. Now I can't debug at all. I'm using Unity version "2018.3.4f1". and vs 2017 version "15.9.11". I simply can not attach. When I attach to Unity from VS2017, Unity freezes. When I launch Unity first then attach, vs2017 does not load symbols to debug. Is there a fix I can download to resolve this issue? I have a scheduled product release/update and I need to debug a few things so I can meet my deadlines.

2. mholmes

mholmes

I did get a solution or more of a work around for this issue. I uninstalled Unity 2018 and installed Unity 2019. The downside was I had to install Unity hub which sucks and I had to re download & install each platform for Unity. The old installer let you pick everything during the install process. The 2019 version sucks, you have to install Unity and then pick the additional platforms. Anyway, it does fix a lot of issues 2018 had, so I recommend 2019 version.