Search Unity

Vrtk for daydream?

Discussion in 'Daydream' started by pfreema1, May 2, 2017.

1. pfreema1

pfreema1

Has anyone got VRTK to work with daydream? Any thing you had to differently from the instructions on the VRTK website? I keep running into errors and I'm starting to wonder if it's even worth the time to figure out what's going wrong....I'd like to play around with their versions of locomotion.

2. jeffries7

jeffries7

I feel like VRTK is over complicated for use with the Daydream. There is only a single controller with a few button inputs and no positional tracking so it's simple to make your own controller system.

3. greggtwep16

greggtwep16

I believe they haven't updated to the current sdk yet. Their previous (experimental) build was on the old one.

While certainly not the same I am in process of making a daydream asset that will be very similar to the gear vr one down in my signature that just got released. If your interested in being a beta tester certainly send me a PM and I'll email it you.

4. Arealight

Arealight

Do you have anything for Lenovo Mirage Solo? Daydream.

5. greggtwep16

greggtwep16

I used to have a daydream product on the store but deprecated it a few years back. It always sold 10-50 fold worse than the similar gear vr/go one to the point that it wasn't worth it financially to support it.

Hopefully the solo can turn the daydream platform around, but I have a suspicion that it won't despite the hardware being good. When the original daydream platform launched they had a lot of quality timed exclusives (VVR, Eclipse, Along Together, etc.) and it was clear they were investing in there platform from the software side. Despite that, those quality premium titles sold very poorly, to the point where now that the time exclusives are over they are being ported to the Go and in several weeks it's doing better than in several years on daydream.

There has been no corresponding 6dof push from Google for the Solo, in fact while that hardware is good the software side has seen almost no emphasis unlike Oculus's push. Only time will tell, but I don't have high hopes for daydream.

6. Arealight

Arealight

Hi,
    Thanks for reply.
    I have both Oculus Go and Mirage Solo and I like the Mirage Solo much better than Oculus Go to develop on, Im not doing games, using it for show company product. It´s bettar for that. Oculus Go is attach to an account with FaceBook not good for Company, they don´t like FaceBook. Hope they will be a 3rd party plugin for a better handcontroller with 6 DOF that Google will let someone do. So it suits for company display.