Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question VRIK results in flashing images of arms?

Discussion in 'XR Interaction Toolkit and Input' started by Deleted User, Mar 14, 2023.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hey, all. I have been intensely interested in designing a VR game. I grabbed the Final IK asset, and grabbed XR and the interaction toolkit. I have it almost set up (I think), but the hands are flashing crazily around the player model. It gives me headaches looking at it, and am not exactly sure how to fix it. I was trying to make something work on one of the VRIK test scenes. The Chick is moving her legs correctly, at least. Here are the settings for the VRIK hands. I suspect the issue is somewhere here?
    Also here is an image of how one of the hand controllers is set up.

If any other information is needed, please let me know. Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. VampireLestat

VampireLestat

I think your issue is that Camera, HandL, and HandR should be inside of your VR Rig. upload_2023-3-16_15-20-2.png

3. Deleted User

Deleted User

Okay, this is weird. I made a character that actually works, but it looks completely broken. Is the trick to just set all rotations to 0,0,0? That's all I recall doing- and in the editor, it looks like a total mess.

4. VampireLestat

VampireLestat

For using Sinty POLYGON characters like you are doing, here's what a rig might look like. The Head, Hand_L, and Hand_R hierarchies are duplicated from the ones in the Sinty character's skeleton and are what you'll reference for VRIK to use as IK targets for the head and hands. Due to the way Sinty characters have their rotations set up vs what you need for VRIK, you'll need to apply rotations to the hands as shown in the two inspector views below. I also apply just a bit of a translation offset in Z as well because otherwise the hands feel like they stick out a little too far and don't pivot at my wrists.

upload_2023-3-17_9-43-0.png

5. Deleted User

Deleted User

My PC is being stubborn, I wish it would let me take a screenshot now. I think I got it after putting the char in the rig. Will offer a pic as soon as I can do it. One weird thing I've noticed, in VR IK, the character acts weird if you include the clavicle transforms.