Search Unity

VRIK and SteamVR Camera Glitch

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by DDeathlonger, Jan 31, 2018.

1. DDeathlonger

DDeathlonger

I have gone through three times and reset the settings on everything VRIK to link up the dummy body parts, and yet I'm getting some stupid glitch, and I have been for months now where the camera is just floating around the body... it's seriously getting frustrating... >.> Also I SOMETIMES get an error "isValidMatrix(matrix)" which is NOT multiple displays or anything.. the eyes are default settings. Here's a link to a short video of me just showing what is happening... Good Lord, ANYTHING would be IMMENSELY appreciated..

VIDEO

I even had it working once, then it broke, then it stopped working, then broke and once again, now again it's broken.. every time I fixed it, I thought I knew what i'd done to solve it, yet the next time it broke, I couldn't get it working again.. I just need to know what the issue is caused by so that I can fix it in the future should it do it again.. or better yet, I'll eventually write a script to prevent it.. heh..

2. solidearthvr

solidearthvr

I've run into this problem before.

What's screwed me up many times is the ordering of the VR SDK's in Player Settings.

For example, having None first in the list of SDK's screws things up:

Either delete the None SDK or make sure that OpenVR is the first SDK in the list like this:

DDeathlonger likes this.
  3. DDeathlonger

DDeathlonger

Hello? #Bump
    Hmm, I'll try that and get back to you! It'd make some sense.

4. DDeathlonger

DDeathlonger

Man, I put this off for so long but it worked! Thank you so much!

5. solidearthvr

solidearthvr

Glad it worked for you!

DDeathlonger likes this.