Search Unity

[VRDevice] Initialization of device oculus failed.

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by yadem529, Aug 25, 2016.

1. yadem529

yadem529

Hi,

Some background information:
    I am a beginner in Unity and the project I am working on is a project created by my teacher with Unity and PlayMaker. I copied the project from his computer and then transferred the project folder to my own computer. He used a Mac computer when the game was built and an older versions of both Oculus and Unity software. He could make the game work with the Oculus DK2.

I am working on a Windows 10 computer and have Unity 5.3.2f1 installed and the latest SDK downloaded from here:https://www3.oculus.com/en-us/setup/.

And now to my problem:
    I tried using the DK2 with the game but I can not make the game work with the glasses, Oculus home works fine though. I am getting these two errors in Unity:

Multiple plugins with the same name 'oculusplugin' (found at 'Assets/Plugins/x86_64/OculusPlugin.dll' and 'Assets/Plugins/OculusPlugin.dll'). That means one or more plugins are set to be compatible with Editor. Only one plugin at the time can be used by Editor.

and

[VRDevice] Initialization of device oculus failed.

Should I remove the Plugins folder and the OVR folder(projectname -> assets -> _3rdparty -> OVR) or is it just recommended to remove these folders if you are using Unity 5.4? Also, if they are to be removed, should this be done via the project view in Unity?

Lastly I am wondering if the the second error is because of the first error?

I am sorry for the long message :)