Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.
  2. We are updating our Terms of Service for all Unity subscription plans, effective October 13, 2022, to create a more streamlined, user-friendly set of terms. Please review them here: unity.com/legal/terms-of-service.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Have a look at our Games Focus blog post series which will show what Unity is doing for all game developers – now, next year, and in the future.
    Dismiss Notice

[VRDevice] Initialization of device oculus failed.

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by yadem529, Aug 25, 2016.

1. yadem529

yadem529

Hi,

Some background information:
    I am a beginner in Unity and the project I am working on is a project created by my teacher with Unity and PlayMaker. I copied the project from his computer and then transferred the project folder to my own computer. He used a Mac computer when the game was built and an older versions of both Oculus and Unity software. He could make the game work with the Oculus DK2.

I am working on a Windows 10 computer and have Unity 5.3.2f1 installed and the latest SDK downloaded from here:https://www3.oculus.com/en-us/setup/.

And now to my problem:
    I tried using the DK2 with the game but I can not make the game work with the glasses, Oculus home works fine though. I am getting these two errors in Unity:

Multiple plugins with the same name 'oculusplugin' (found at 'Assets/Plugins/x86_64/OculusPlugin.dll' and 'Assets/Plugins/OculusPlugin.dll'). That means one or more plugins are set to be compatible with Editor. Only one plugin at the time can be used by Editor.

and

[VRDevice] Initialization of device oculus failed.

Should I remove the Plugins folder and the OVR folder(projectname -> assets -> _3rdparty -> OVR) or is it just recommended to remove these folders if you are using Unity 5.4? Also, if they are to be removed, should this be done via the project view in Unity?

Lastly I am wondering if the the second error is because of the first error?

I am sorry for the long message :)

unityunity