Search Unity

VRchat animations play in Unity but not in game

Discussion in 'Animation' started by Jathro1, Sep 14, 2022.

1. Jathro1

Jathro1

I have a model that i rigged in blender. using rigify. converted it into a skeleton for unity vrchat and the model is great.

But when animating the model in unity and then plugging that animation into a controller. While in play mode the model moves. I put the controller in the avatar descriptor for idle animation/additive under the playable layers section.

but the animation does not play in vrchat. no matter what i do. its just still. the animation is a tailwag.

Is there something im doing wrong?

animation is set to loop,
    animation is set with the model skeleton.
    Animation has write defaults unchecked.
    animation is baked into pose

images wont give more context. i'm willing to send the model to someone who could help?

Last edited: Sep 14, 2022
  2. shiuksalamander

shiuksalamander

VRChat's Playable Layers uses several Animator Controllers. The Additive Animator Controller is specifically for animating humanoid bones using Unity's Humanoid Rig. Additional Bones such as tails/ears are not part of the Humanoid Rig.

If you want to add an idle animation to non-humanoid bones-- like a tail, ears, or etc-- use the Gesture Animator Controller instead!

For more detailed information regarding all of the Playable Layers, check out the VRChat Docs.
    https://docs.vrchat.com/docs/playable-layers