Search Unity

Resolved VR Works in Editor but not Runtime?

Discussion in 'VR' started by NxtEpisode, Nov 23, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NxtEpisode

NxtEpisode

Hello!

I've made a demo in Unity however, come time to play in on desktop, it refuses to attach to my HTC Vive. Thing is, I've enabled both VR in Player Settings as well as OpenVR in XR Manager, I've also tried only enabling VR in Player settings, either option works fine in the editor, I can move, interact with objects, etc... with my Vive. But, upon opening the build, it just shows the camera on the screen, there's no activity in the Vive. Any ideas?

Unity 2019.4.14f1

Google returned no results; I apologize if this is the incorrect place to post this. Cheers!

2. NxtEpisode

NxtEpisode

3. Shaunyowns

Shaunyowns

When enabling VR in Player Settings, you need to use the built-in OpenVR package. When enabling OpenVR using XR Plug-in Management in Project Settings, you need to use the Valve's latest OpenVR plugin. You can only choose one of these, not both simultaneously.

Additionally, OpenVR is no longer directly supported by Unity as the OpenVR and SteamVR plugins are developed and maintained by Valve. Please post your issues on their Github so their team can address.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.