Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

VR Theater 2018 Siggraph

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by Lbafia, Feb 24, 2018.

1. Lbafia

Lbafia

Hello,

I am so excited to share that submissions for the SIGGRAPH 2018 COMPUTER ANIMATION FESTIVAL VR THEATER are open. For the second year in a row, our storied festival is kicking things up a notch to offer a venue that showcases the best of virtual reality storytelling. Don't miss the chance to share your work with our international community of the industry's best and brightest.
    The deadline to submit to the VR Theater is 22:00 UTC/GMT on 3 April 2018. If you have any questions when submitting, please do not hesitate to contact me and my team at cafvr-s2018@siggraph.org
    I hope to see your story in the mix!

Sincerely,
    Larry Bafia
    SIGGRAPH 2018 Computer Animation Festival

https://s2018.siggraph.org/conference/conference-overview/computer-animation-festival/

2. BrandonFogerty

BrandonFogerty

Very exciting! I am looking forward to attending!

3. jgwinner

jgwinner

Folks:

As this is pinned, I'd like to mention that submissions for 2019 are now open!

https://s2019.siggraph.org/conferen...on-festival/vr-theater/vr-theater-submissions

This summer in Los Angeles, the VR Theater will showcase innovative virtual reality stories within a state-of-the-art theater environment, where attendees will enjoy and celebrate the evolution of a young art form in a one-hour compilation of the best of the best in short-form immersive narratives.

Accompanying the program, there will also be individual kiosks near the venue for attendees to enjoy groundbreaking experiences that don’t fit in the one-hour theatrical format.

What is the VR Theater?

The VR Theater is a world-class showcase of exemplary virtual reality storytelling that celebrates the early evolution of the medium. The main program features the best VR narrative content in a high-end, seated, panoramic, multi-viewer immersive space, running approximately one hour from start to finish. Premiere and innovative pieces are also shown in single-viewer kiosks throughout the SIGGRAPH conference venue. The kiosks allow flexibility in the type of hardware and content that the VR Theater can accept. So, in case you don’t feel like your piece fits into the main program, we strongly encourage you to still submit!

What is the VR Theater looking for?

We want to show pieces that stand out in terms of quality and execution. Selected works will present a mix of experiences from established companies, indies, and educational institutions, and should be accessible and, hopefully, celebrate diversity and inclusion. Submitted content will be reviewed by an expert jury who will evaluate each piece based on thematic fit, how it works in the appropriate space, its order of playback, and, most importantly, whether the theater can respect the viewing format/experience intended.

glenneroo likes this.
  4. glenneroo

glenneroo

I hope it's acceptable to mention here but we will also be showing our little VR art/sci project downstairs in the Exhibitions area :)

JGwinnerFree likes this.