Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

VR Support isn't working (Unity 5.1)

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by nerbs1991, Jul 30, 2015.

1. nerbs1991

nerbs1991

I am having some problems with the new Oculus Rift support in unity 5.1.2f1. I have a DK2 and have the most recent Oculus SDK and runtime. When I check the "Virtual Reality Support" box, everything is normal, and when I click play the headtracking works but it never takes my Oculus Rift out of standby mode (It is in "Direct to Rift Mode")?
    Do you have any suggestions to fix this?
    Could it be that I have the free version of Unity?
    Thank You in advance :)
    (My specs are; Nvidia GTX 660 graphics card, Windows 7 Professional, Cyberpower PC and I am using an Oculus Rift DK2

Last edited: Jul 31, 2015
  2. guru20

guru20

It's not due to free version.

I am on Personal / free edition and I have DK1, and it is working.

Have you tried the Rift other than Unity (such as with demo programs?) to ensure that everything is working as it's supposed to?

3. guru20

guru20

PS. I'm running configuration version 1.7, in Direct HMD Access mode, on nVidia GTX 970 card

4. joeysipos

joeysipos

5. joeysipos

joeysipos

The latest patch has a bunch of Oculus fixes. So I am hoping it works!

• (695727) - VR Oculus: Camera Viewport Rect now takes up the appropriate amount of Screen space.
    • (703281) - VR Oculus: Fixed crash when trying to access VRSettings.GetNativePtr while the Oculus HMD was not connected.
    • (none) - VR Oculus: HMD can now be connected to application after it has already started. It can also be disconnected and reconnected during application run time.
    • (none) - VR Oculus: Update to latest oculus dependencies.
    • (none) - VR: Camera transforms now reset when VRSettings.enabled is false or the loadedDevice is set to none. Camera parent transforms are not effected.
    • (none) - VR: Fixed stereo rendering regression.
    • (none) - VR: Improved MSAA performance by only antialiasing eye textures, not the composited back buffer.
    • (691345) - VR: Reenable vsync when device is disconnected.
    • (none) - VR: Virtual Reality Supported toggle in player settings no longer recreates the Graphics Device. VRSettings defaults to enabled and oculus if Virtual Reality is supported.

6. joeysipos

joeysipos

Dang, this didn't fix my issue :( The Oculus display still remains black and there is no split screen even when in Extended Desktop mode. If I click show Demo Scene in the Oculus Configuration Utility I get a black screen as well. But the other demos I have downloaded work fine! I am at a loss to whats going on. I am wondering if it has to do with this found on the Oculus site.

Oculus PC SDK 0.6.0.1 Beta

Known Issues
    • Pre-Kepler NVidia GPUs might return "No display attached to compositor" or "SubmitLayers failed" errors, which can result in a black screen for some applications. NVidia GTX 600 GPUs and later use the Kepler or Maxwell architectures.

7. nerbs1991

nerbs1991

I am using the DK2 and it works perfectly on all my other games for the Rift. Another problem I have is that when I turn on VR support and build my game, it doesn't give me a "Direct to rift" file either?

8. joeysipos

joeysipos

I dug into the Oculus forms last night. It appears you need a nVidea 600 series or higher graphics card now :( Mine is a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti. What is your graphics card nerbs1991?

https://forums.oculus.com/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=24298&start=60

Forum Mod - you might want to add this info to the pinned post at the top. thx

9. nerbs1991

nerbs1991

I have a Nvidia GTX 660, I just bought a GTX 960 though.