Search Unity

Resolved VR single pass instance URP Post processing only blocks out one ye

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by FlightOfOne, Jun 17, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FlightOfOne

FlightOfOne

I have two cameras.

- Base Camera (Everything but UI)
    - Overlay Camera(UI)

If I check post processing check box on the base camera it only draw right eye, left eye is a white/gray.
    If I check post processing check box on the overlay camera it works fine as far as drawing goes (I see both eyes) but then post processing gets applied to UI also.

Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug? Thanks!

Edit: I forgot to mention that this is a camera stack, UI Camera is stacked in the base Camera.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2020
  2. RogueStargun

RogueStargun

I'm having a similar issue (Windows Directx 11, Android OpenGLES3) where the left eye is gray (but has the overlay elements), the right eye is totally fine and has the correct overlay.

3. RogueStargun

RogueStargun

This is definitely a bug. Please report this bug along with me, and maybe they will attempt to fix this. There's also another bug where the overlay camera will disappear completely on an android oculus quest build

4. JehovahsThickness

JehovahsThickness

I have the same problem! Gray in left eye, everything correct in right. Glad to see someone else suffering with me. Where do we report this?

5. FlightOfOne

FlightOfOne

6. budwheizzah99

budwheizzah99

As usual when Unity staff post anything, it's utterly useless. It's a conversation that ended on July 28 about a commit that either never made it into URP production, or just wasn't tested at all and didn't fix the issue.

If it were merged and done properly, there wouldn't be people complaining about this ghastly engine-breaking catastrophe in September.

7. Aupuma

Aupuma

Same problem here, having the overlay camera breaks it and the left eye is grey. The postprocessing on the main camera has to be disabled in order for the left eye to render correctly

8. Shaunyowns

Shaunyowns

Aupuma, RogueStargun and FlightOfOne like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.