Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug VR right eye broken with SinglePass

Discussion in '2020.1 Beta' started by ImpossibleRobert, Jul 12, 2020.

1. ImpossibleRobert

ImpossibleRobert

I just upgraded an URP project from 2019.3 single pass rendering and Unity included VR on Oculus to 2020.1.15 with Oculus plugin active. Now my right eye only renders partially, it leaves out all things that do something with the stencil buffer. Switching to multipass works but is a killer for framerate. Is this an official bug or is there some setting missing from my side? This is super critical for me as all graphics logic revolves around stencils in my game.

hippocoder likes this.
  2. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

It doesn't look like this is a known issue. Could you please submit a bug report for it, ideally with a minimal reproduction project?

ImpossibleRobert likes this.
  3. ImpossibleRobert

ImpossibleRobert

I created an example including a screenshot what to watch out for @LeonhardP : 1262805

LeonhardP likes this.
  4. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

Thanks a lot, we'll look into it!

ImpossibleRobert likes this.
  5. nasos_333

nasos_333

I get the same issue, my cloud shader that works fine in MOckVR in 2019.4.5f1, is not working in right eye camera in 2020.1.

I hope this can be addressed automatically and is not some shader change needed, since shader changes are impossible to make the way new VR and URP are complex and undocumented and change radically from version to version.

6. buster42b

buster42b

Any progress? I'm stuck on the same page here

7. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

The original issue from the OP was related to custom shader code in their project.

https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/product/unity/issues/guid/1262805/

If you're experiencing similar behaviour, please submit a bug report for it with a reproducible attached as it's likely due to another issue.