Search Unity

Question VR reticle disappears behind the UI sometimes

Discussion in 'VR' started by RogueWhiteWolf, May 24, 2023.

1. RogueWhiteWolf

RogueWhiteWolf

For some reason, the reticle assigned to my controllers sometimes disappear behind the UI. I've checked, all buttons are interactable, Raycast Target is enabled and I've even set the sorting order for the reticle at 100, even though I'm not using sorting layers elsewhere.

If you look closely, you can see one reticle in the middle of the logo, and the other is half hidden behind the logo, on the V of the logo. It's not the best image, but it's what I have.

I've tried putting box colliders on the buttons as well, this doesn't work.

I can interact with the buttons! There's no issue in there, but I don't understand why the reticle disappears behind the UI. This does not look good and can confuse people.

I'm using Unity version 2021.3.11f1, and I'm using the XR Interaction Toolkit, on the newest version.

2. msdsmith

msdsmith

I have noticed the same issue. My current workaround is to take the reticle prefab I'm using and increase the y value of it's position so that it sits slightly above the surface. I needed to make the reticle a child within the prefab for this to work.