Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

VR Problem : Sprites are flickering on unity and when wearing VR

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by pedrlops, Apr 24, 2019.

1. pedrlops

pedrlops

Whats up guys, first time in here.

I've been developing a Virtual Reality experience to a local museum where people in VR would have to walk through a corridor and each door has a simple 2D animation (Used Dragon Bones to animate it).

The problem is: all of the illustrations that are animated have a lot of tiny details and thin lines. When using VR (or moving the camera on Unity) those images seem to "flicker", loosing a lot of its resolution. This issue is happening in both ways (Oculus Go and Unity Software), but when wearing the VR its a lot more noticeable, considering that its rendering capacity is lower than a high performance hardware.

I've searched into a lot of VR/Unity forums and all of the information that I have found were outdated (posts from 2014) and not VR focused.

Anyone has any tip or any guess on how may be able to fix it? :)

ShantiB95 likes this.
  2. JoeStrout

JoeStrout

I wonder if you're just talking about aliasing. It's true that Oculus Go has some nasty aliasing, particularly on high-contrast images.

Be sure you have MipMap support on your imported textures, and also be sure you have 4X MSAA anti-aliasing turned on.