Search Unity

VR pointer setup/Enabling VR Breaks world space UI mouse over.

Discussion in 'Input System' started by NBrownMbryonic, Aug 15, 2019.

1. NBrownMbryonic

NBrownMbryonic

Over the last few days Iv'e been trying to get VR controllers/pointers interacting with world space UI. I installed the new input system (as I had seen that the InputSystemUIInputModule.cs script had variables for Tracked Devise Position/Orientation/Select), set it up and made sure it all worked without VR, it all worked fine.

Do you know if this is implemented yet and if so what I need to do to get the new Input system working in VR with UI?

Unity version - 2019.1.8f1
    Input system version - 0.9.2
    Oculus Touch version - 1.39.0.272909 (1.39.0.272909)

From my experiments:

I noticed after I enabled VR in the project, that the mouse doesn't trigger the hover event when passing over the the UI instead it seems that there is some sort of offset dependent on the headsets position and rotation and the trigger event happens else where on the screen (the VR pointers/controllers never work from what I can see).

I also found that adding the VR camera to the canvass' Event camera stops the mouse hover from working at all when VR is enabled.

Also not sure if this is connected but it only happens when enabling VR with the new input system:

When VR is enabled and I play the scene I also got recurring failed asserts from the InputControlPath.cs script saying

Usage entry is empty
    UnityEngine.InputSystem.InputManager:OnNativeDeviceDiscovered(Int32, String)
    UnityEngineInternal.Input.NativeInputSystem:NotifyDeviceDiscovered(Int32, String)
    (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/Input/Private/Input.cs:126)

The assert is on line 756, from what I can tell when the function is getting the Usages for the device "XInputV1::Occulus::OculusTouchControllerRight:/OculusTouchControllerRight" the last five or so strings are empty.​

FlightOfOne likes this.
  2. FlightOfOne

FlightOfOne

Hi, Were you able to figure this out?

3. ROBYER1

ROBYER1

Having the same issue, decided to try out the new Input System for XR today on Oculus Quest but it seems busted completely