Search Unity

1. Unity 2019.2 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice

VR Panorama 360 -- Timeline capture, animation playing out of sync each interval

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by PandaDump, May 3, 2019.

1. PandaDump

PandaDump

Hello all and OliVR/olix4242,

I'm working on capturing 360 footage of a timelined scene with very large assets (~100GB project/40GB library folder). My issue is with the frame-by-frame capture is out of sync with the animation timeline. I understand VR Panorama 360 does not capture in realtime, so it backtracks to a previous time or frame to capture footage. The issue i'm having is the animation doesn't play at the proper speed every time it jumps back to the previous frame. The animation itself plays at normal speed (instead of in slomo to properly capture 60 FPS).

My current attempt to fix is to manually advance the "PlayableDirector" ---> "Update Method" set to Manual, then hook in VR panorama to advance one frame at a time by starting and stopping the timeline. But this brings up issues on how to make it consistent at 60 frames a few other variables. I'm not able to advance the timeline properly using Time.UnscaledDeltaTime or another method yet.

If I play the timeline normally using, the capture doesn't have time to process the frames properly, and the end resulting video plays out extremely fast (because it's only about 10 frames a second).

Any ideas on getting the timeline to play a a consistent speed to capture 60 FPS?

Attached Files:

2. PandaDump

PandaDump

(screenshot of settings)

Attached Files: