Search Unity

VR: OpenVR Error! OpenVR failed initialization with error code VRInitError_Init_PathRegistryNotFound

Discussion in 'VR' started by unity_xBJ4dk5rD5KhNg, Mar 28, 2018.

1. unity_xBJ4dk5rD5KhNg

unity_xBJ4dk5rD5KhNg

Hey! So I really don't know anything about programming, but (with help) I managed to create software in Unity to work with the Hololens. Small problem though, it does not want to build, because of the following error:

VR: OpenVR Error! OpenVR failed initialization with error code VRInitError_Init_PathRegistryNotFound: "Installation path could not be located (110)"!

I have tried to use a different Unity version, and I have tried using the Holotoolkit instead of the Mixed Reality Toolkit, but unfortunately that did not help. If I google it I only get references to Steam VR, which is weird, as (for as far as I understood it), I don't need Steam if I am developing for the Hololens. Has anyone seen this error before and knows how to solve it? The software does run perfectly well when I run it in the Game mode in Unity itself.

Thanks for helping!

2. JasonCostanza

JasonCostanza

Unity Technologies

Which SDK's do you have enabled in the XR Settings? You are correct you don't need Steam to develop for Hololens.

3. unity_xBJ4dk5rD5KhNg

unity_xBJ4dk5rD5KhNg

Only Windows Holografic is added to the SDK list in the player settings, I have tried removing this and adding it again, it didn't work..

4. pfreese

pfreese

Unity Technologies

Try changing your build target to PC, Mac, & Linux Standalone and look at the Player Settings there. If you have VR Support enabled and OpenVR in the SDK list, it might be affecting your build in the Editor.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2018
    Antimon13 likes this.
  5. Rodolinc

Rodolinc

That solved it for me. But makes no sense imo.

Why if I have UWP selected and the project platform is UWP, why Unity chooses to load standalone XR settings instead.

6. JasonCostanza

JasonCostanza

Unity Technologies

If it's operating on the PC, Mac & Linux settings even while UWP is selected and the WMR SDK is the only one in the list, can you file a new bug for us so we can investigate? Thanks!