Search Unity

Bug VR open xr error?

Discussion in 'VR' started by drxtr, May 5, 2023.

1. drxtr

drxtr

Screenshot 2023-05-05 174621.png Hi, I am trying to make an oculus game but have little to no experience with Unity. i watched a tutorial on how to get started on my game, and when adding the controller profiles, Oculus and Valve index, to OpenXR. In the tutorial I have to go to the android tab but every time i click it it makes a loop of pop ups saying com.unity.xr.openxr/Tests/Editor/OpenXR duplicate or something like that. Can anybody help me?

2. DevDunk

DevDunk

Do you use the latest 2021.3 version?

3. ice-trix

ice-trix

I had the same problem. Here are the errors I got.

'MetaQuestTouchProControllerProfile' has been destroyed but you are still trying to access it.
    the package cache was invalidated and rebuilt

I fixed this by upgrading to Unity 2023. Didn't try upgrading to the latest 2021.3 version.

4. vertexx

vertexx

XR Interaction Toolkit 2.3. might be doing the fixing for you? Haven't yet had this problem.
    Must say that 2023 beta is looking good? Reminds me of when 2018/19 came out and was quite revolutionary. Fingers crossed! Most of Unity updates/versions (up to now) have been pretty rotten experiences.

5. DevDunk

DevDunk

2023 is pretty good, except bad performance for standalone VR devices (for me 50% less fps than 2021.3). Already a known issue and they're looking into it