Search Unity

VR Oculus Quest MFPS Photon PUN2 PRO

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by MichaelSolerBeatty, Apr 3, 2020.

1. MichaelSolerBeatty

MichaelSolerBeatty

2. MichaelSolerBeatty

MichaelSolerBeatty

HOW DO I MAKE IT WORK IN UNITY?

3. MichaelSolerBeatty

MichaelSolerBeatty

We've been developing this project to show people how the package can be implemented in different scenearios.

4. MichaelSolerBeatty

MichaelSolerBeatty

HOW TO CHANGE AN AVATAR IN THE PACKAGE?

5. AdrellaDev

AdrellaDev

First off, thanks so much for this asset, it has saved me a ton of time and is easy to get set up.

I did have a question/problem though. On the MainPlayerBody in the PlayerAvatar prefab, I am missing 4 scripts. When I delete them, my player moves around the level by itself so I'm assuming they might be OVR controller scripts. My question is what are the 4 scripts missing? I have the PhotonView, PhotonTransformView Classic, AudioSource, and VoiceManager.

Thanks!

6. MichaelSolerBeatty

MichaelSolerBeatty

Thanks to you for supporting our work. It is thanks to people like you that we can keep on creating great packages.

The gameobject you are referring to has several scripts that come with the photon voice pun 2. I will show the scripts in the following image:

VR_MFPSerror_01.PNG

The OVR controllers scripts are in the (OVRPlayerController) gameobject

If you have any trouble, please re-import the oculus integration package version v1.44, the photon pun2 and the photon voice 2. It is recommended to import them in that order.

Do not forget to rate or asset and our service in the store!

AdrellaDev likes this.
  7. JayPizarro

JayPizarro

That is great, i recently purchased VR Oculus Quest MFPS Photon PUN2 PRO it seems like a great asset, however the pdf with the instructions readme_documentation.pdf said you are using 2018.3.f1 however some files seem newer so I am trying with 2019.3.1f1 and I have not been able to run it.
    could you please help me setup something similar to what u have setup on the video VR Oculus EscapeRoomTest and let me know which version of 2019 are you using so I can get this project going

8. MichaelSolerBeatty

MichaelSolerBeatty

Hello, it was released in 2018.3.f1 and works out of the box with the oculus integration package v1.44. Migration to 2019.3.3f1 is also possible (VR legacy enabled set to oculus).

Please post your error log here and I will take a look.

To create something like what you see in the VR scape room you need:

1) Humanoid Rigged avatars
    2) Our PRO package working in unity.
    3) Using request objects on the photon server (as the box in the middle of the screen).
    4) Following this tutorial on how to modify the scripts to a new avatar:

If you have an idea you want to implement that is outside this package configuration, you can write to us at:
    michael.soler.beatty@gmail.com

JayPizarro likes this.
  9. AdrellaDev

AdrellaDev

That was it, I forgot to import the Photon Voice package. Thanks for the help!

Last edited: Apr 17, 2020
  10. arttning

arttning

Добрый! установил проект , и не могу его запустить пишет ошибка компиляции. Поможете ?

Attached Files:

11. MichaelSolerBeatty

MichaelSolerBeatty

-----------------------------------
    Please use English. [!]
    ------------------------------------

You need to import these packages:

https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/integration/oculus-integration-82022
    https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/network/pun-2-free-119922
    https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/3d/characters/low-poly-soldiers-demo-73611
    https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/3d/characters/humanoids/zombie-30232
    https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/audio/photon-voice-2-130518

Maybe you are missing one.

arttning likes this.
  12. arttning

arttning

good afternoon thanks yes it helped everything started! but another question arose, sometimes more than one button in the menu does not work. that works then no :(

13. MichaelSolerBeatty

MichaelSolerBeatty

If you have problems with buttons check the sizes of the colliders attached to them or check that your GRVrayscast is enabled and working

14. Volkerku

Volkerku

Hi
    A non expert trying to get this to work, so sorry for the questions.
    I'm still trying to get the multiplayer scene (as in
    ) working across two unity projects open on one PC. To test and develop, I want VR to be disabled. But the UI elements, required to configure are not responding to mouse clicks. Here is what I did:
    1. Opening the 01_menuScene in both unity instances
    2. configure Photon
    3. disabled VR support in Player settings
    4. disbled the OVR camera rig in the scene
    5. added a new standard camera
    6. disabled the OVRRaycasters on canvases (they still have graphic raycaser components)
    7. adding a standard Event system (disabling the OVR input module on the event go)
    Anything I'm missing here?

Also I get this unrelated error after hitting play:
    NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    PhotonLobby.OnConnectedToMaster () (at Assets/VR Oculus Quest MFPS Photon PUN2 PRO/Scripts/Photon/PhotonLobby.cs:234)​
    in this the scene, without making any changes.

To move arround in a VR scene you have to press and hold control, but the mose won't work in that case. You can simulate the movement of the hands by dragging the gameobjects in the scene using the moving tools and rotating tools. As an optional solution, you can change the event system to normal and erase the OVR event system (that will enable the mouse).
    Then I tried to replicate your dev configuration in this video:

having two unity instances open, to test networking on a single PC, without VR (to test).
    However, the persistent or menu scenes do not allow for that (mouse interaction), am I missing something.​

15. MichaelSolerBeatty

MichaelSolerBeatty

If you want to adapt the game for PC you can use a FPS simplecontroller and a cameraRaycaster:
    https://answers.unity.com/questions/245412/fps-mousescript.html

https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/CameraRays.html

Remember to add an event system with the input module to use your mouse.

This package is intended for VR, so what you are doing it is a bit odd. You should test it with an oculus quest.

Yours faithfully,

16. Volkerku

Volkerku

Thanks
    Yes Iknow, target platform is quest. But I can’t wear two quests at the same time. Developing on pc and roll out to quest seems the best option

17. MichaelSolerBeatty

MichaelSolerBeatty

You have an option to loog in directly from PC and a debug on the player movement.

If you want to implement a FPS mode using the mouse you cna use the provided links above.

18. arttning

arttning

[QUOTE = "MichaelSolerBeatty, post: 5742478, member: 1029999"] Если у вас есть проблемы с кнопками, проверьте размеры прикрепленных к ним коллайдеров или убедитесь, что ваш GRVrayscast включен и работает [/ QUOTE]класс спасибо там вообще не было BOX колайдеров :) все круть работает а режим перезарядки оружия есть ?

19. MichaelSolerBeatty

MichaelSolerBeatty

Please use english

20. arttning

arttning

good afternoon :) I also wanted to ask if there is a reload mode in the game and the final game where I win :)? and help please with compilation on glasses, it produces such errors

Attached Files:

21. MichaelSolerBeatty

MichaelSolerBeatty

Hello, for the moment we are working in adding a "restat-function" to go to the main menu and show the palyer's results. This will be implemented in future versions of the asset.

To fix compilation errors, please make sure that all the packages are impoted properly and you have selected the oculus in the XR settings and the proper version of API.

22. arttning

arttning

can you see what's wrong? and such a question, is it possible to realize the choice of weapons at the beginning of the game and the choice of an avatar in the menu? and how much will it cost?

Attached Files:

23. MichaelSolerBeatty

MichaelSolerBeatty

Don't build and run, just build!

We are improving this package to work with new features such as gun selection. We will update it as soon as COVID-19 let us work in the office again.

24. arttning

arttning

Cool thanks a very cool pack! saved a lot of time

25. MichaelSolerBeatty

MichaelSolerBeatty

Please remember to rate the asset in the store.

26. arttning

arttning

Good afternoon :) I see there are player growth settings but not how you can’t turn them on! hangers everywhere hung. Question with the player’s objection, he appears in the floor and immediately dies :( how can I fix it? and can I somehow limit the number of zombies in general? changed the player’s avatar everything is cool but for some reason the machine that was put into my hand twitches when moving :( Thank you so much for the answers!

27. MichaelSolerBeatty

MichaelSolerBeatty

1) If the player immediately dies, it is because the health is set to zero. Verify the player health in the manager.

2) The number of zombies can be limited in the zombie manager by setting the maxNumber of zombies variables and:

if(enemies<max)
    {
    spawn();
    }

3) If the gun/rifle has glitchering problems when moving, try to change FIxedUpdate by LateUpdate and the Time.Step of unity to 90 fps (1/90 seconds).

arttning likes this.
  28. arttning

arttning

Good afternoon, tell me please how to change the growth of a player? there are settings but they do not work! and when loading a game scene, does the unit pause?

29. MichaelSolerBeatty

MichaelSolerBeatty

If you are talking of the "height" of the player it changes during gameplay using the arrows at the top-left corner.

You can also change the scale of the player in the resources gameobject.

Captura.PNG

30. arttning

arttning

Yes, I get it! but my game hangs when I change this setting

31. MichaelSolerBeatty

MichaelSolerBeatty

Show me the error log when this happens.

32. arttning

arttning

strange but in the assembly this parameter changes but in the game the avatar does not get smaller!

33. arttning

arttning

Changing the player’s growth does not work and after updating the pack during the assembly, the shooting of the weapon stopped working :( everything is fine in the unit, but it doesn’t shoot with glasses!

Attached Files:

34. arttning

arttning

35. arttning

arttning

and how were the hands in this video realized?

36. MichaelSolerBeatty

MichaelSolerBeatty

Hello we are working in an update for this package whith new models, and grabbing scripts. It will be updated soon.

37. dsantelli

dsantelli

Hello,
    Do you have an idea of the release date of this new version, a week, a month, a quarter?

38. MichaelSolerBeatty

MichaelSolerBeatty

Hello, we are working on it right now. It will be available in less than a week if Unity accepts the package right away.

39. dsantelli

dsantelli

Wow! Cool! Thanks!

40. MichaelSolerBeatty

MichaelSolerBeatty

41. MichaelSolerBeatty

MichaelSolerBeatty

The new asset version 10 has been released:

***NEW VERSION 10.0***
    Important note before update: It breaks compatibility with version 9.0.

Updates:
    1)Using realistic weapons free of the asset store. New drag and drop weapon system compatible with left-handed people.
    2)Players’ avatar changes texture when they die instead of falling
    3)New shooting system weapon independent.
    4)Avatar selection between two different models.
    5) Cannot shoot when dead.
    6) Game Timer and winner display
    7) Rigidbody button interaction.

42. arttning

arttning

that's cool !!! very cool thank you, just on q struggled with this question :)))

43. arttning

arttning

pliz tell me 2 questions! not one weapon is taken and there are no textures on the weapon and not how I cannot add them.

44. arttning

arttning

how to return the exit button to the menu and I appeared after the kill normally, and then I appear zambies kill and kill in one place: (((

45. MichaelSolerBeatty

MichaelSolerBeatty

NEW example of PRO package in action with different avatars, environment and cross-platform [Oculus quest and Android tablet]

46. MichaelSolerBeatty

MichaelSolerBeatty

NEW example of PRO package in action with different avatars, environment and cross-platform [Oculus quest and Android tablet]

47. skymeson

skymeson

This looks amazing! When will it be available? Will there be any tutorial videos?

48. MichaelSolerBeatty

MichaelSolerBeatty

This is only available contacting our entreprise

michael.soler.beatty@gmail.com

49. MichaelSolerBeatty

MichaelSolerBeatty

Another app built using this system:

MarshallVisions likes this.
  50. MichaelSolerBeatty

MichaelSolerBeatty

Another application made with this awesome package:

TymNetwork likes this.