Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

VR issues with Single Pass Stereo in 2017 (also in 5.6.1)

Discussion in '2017.1 Beta' started by Kronnect, Jun 23, 2017.

1. Kronnect

Kronnect

I've reported two cases 923402 & 906203 with repros showing behaviour changes and errors with VR SPSR in latest Unity versions, including 2017.

2. jmitcheson

jmitcheson

Sorry but how would one find the bug descriptions from those numbers? I am interested to know what issues you have discovered.

3. Kronnect

Kronnect

It turns out 906203 has been marked as duplicated. Original bug report is 918634:
    Blit to temporary render texture does not set _MainTex_ST properly with Single Pass Stereo (VR).

Basically the issue is that in Unity 5.6, when bitting from a temporary render texture to destination in OnRenderImage method, _MainTex_ST reports different values than in Unity 5.5 breaking final compositing when SPSR is enabled:

a) Blit (source, destination) -> works in Unity 5.5 and Unity 5.6 with SPSR.
    b) Blit (source, temporary); Blit (temporary, destination) -> works in Unity 5.5, fails in Unity 5.6 with SPSR.

Regarding case 923402 the issue has to do with SetTargetBuffers. It just does not render properly to different color and depth buffers the SPSR is enabled.

Can't share the repros here. These issues affect entire 5.6.1 versions and according to the changelog they seem to be also present in 5.6.2.

plmx and MrEsquire like this.
  4. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

You can view publicly available bug reports here: https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/

5. jimmikaelkael

jimmikaelkael

Any progress since ?
    Could it be related to https://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/Camera-forceIntoRenderTexture.html ?

6. Kronnect

Kronnect

No progress yet AFAIK. And it's quite unfortunate since it's breaking a lot of things that were working in 5.5. I would like to know if this is an intended change or really a bug (like QA has confirmed to me, honestly I can't think they have broken the behaviour for the entire 5.6 release so far without notice..)

Last edited: Jul 7, 2017
    plmx and jimmikaelkael like this.