Search Unity

VR is broken on 2017.3.1f1 (Cardboard and Oculus)

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by astracat111, Mar 24, 2018.

1. astracat111

astracat111

I'm not sure if this is due to a recent update, but this started about maybe last week or a little before then.

I started to get this error when building for Android:

Code (CSharp):
    1. 03-24 08:04:01.341: E/Unity(19791): Error trying to call delegated method load. null
    2. 03-24 08:04:01.341: E/Unity(19791): Google VR Error [Cardboard]: Exception caught while loading GoogleVR. Attempt to invoke virtual method 'long java.lang.Long.longValue()' on a null object reference
    3. 03-24 08:04:01.342: E/Unity(19791): Google VR Error [Cardboard]: Google VR had a fatal issue while loading. VR will not be available.
    4. 03-24 08:04:01.342: E/Unity(19791): Error trying to call delegated method unload. null
    Oculus doesn't load at all, it comes up with another error entirely, some libc error and then the project crashes immediately.

The project works perfectly when built for just Android and when built for PC standalone and no VR. It was working with VR last month but I hadn't built it for VR in about a month and I must have let Unity update.

I'm not sure whether or not this would have anything to do with it but under the release notes for 2017.3.1 it says this:

I do have the OVR package installed into my project and the Android and Windows 64-bit dlls I'm using for Oculus VR are version 1.21. Maybe my SDK versions aren't matching up or something? I'm thinking the best bet would be to re-install the dlls? (how do I do that, just drag the dlls back into my project or something?)

In the editor this warning comes up:

IvanUni and tobermanar like this.
  2. astracat111

astracat111

...and sure enough in an empty project I get this error with a built project ran on Android. VR is broken in my installation of Unity:

This is with cardboard, will try with oculus next. The problem with google cardboard is the Error trying to call delegated method load. null.

Here's the problem when running the app on android after it's built to support Oculus. This is again created using an absolutely empty project. I do have an osig file setup and the correct project settings for oculus vr:

Update:

I think my Unity installation has become corrupted, so I'm going to try to re-install. I will update when I do...I couldn't imagine any release that wouldn't be tested over and over and over before an official release so it's just gotta be a corrupted installation.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2018
  3. astracat111

astracat111

This is now a problem that other Oculus users are having!

https://forums.oculusvr.com/develop...eality-sdk-oculus-failed-to-initialize#latest

I uninstalled and installed a fresh copy of Unity 2017.4.0f1 and the exact same problem is happening. Oculus VR and Google Cardboard VR are broken right out of the box! I tried running blank new projects on two separate computers and both computers are having the problem!

The only thing these two computers had in common was that they both had imported Oculus Utilities into a project, so it's possible that Oculus Utilities is copying files outside of the unity installation that's breaking VR although I have my doubts as why would it also break google cardboard vr.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2018
    BeerVR likes this.
  4. astracat111

astracat111

I'm finding more evidence that VR is completely and utterly broken in Unity now.

I just got a new computer, installed Unity as the only application on it, started Unity playtested and I get the same error with more added on:

VR SDK Oculus failed to initialize!
    XR: OpenVR Error! OpenVR failed initialization with error code VRInitError_Init_PathRegistryNotFound: "Installation path could not be found" (or something similar to that)
    OpenVR SDK failed to initialize!

This is Unity 2017.4. VR is broken in Unity. I have tried running as an administrator as well.

5. tobermanar

tobermanar

Same here...

6. ad12345

ad12345

I'm having similar problems:
    "Virtual Reality SDK Oculus failed to initialize.
    Will attempt to enable Oculus instead."

Any update/solution?

7. LordRayden

LordRayden

Hey guys, I am getting the same error with Unity 2018.1 too. Any fixes to this yet?

ad12345 likes this.
  8. IvanMorones

IvanMorones

same error. Any answer?

9. Chinna501

Chinna501

I also have same error