Search Unity

Question VR Input w/ Input System Works in Build (PC + Android) but Not In Editor

Discussion in 'XR Interaction Toolkit and Input' started by airoll, Jun 29, 2021.

1. airoll

airoll

Hello!

I am currently using Unity 2020.3.12f and am having an issue where when I start Play Mode in the Unity Editor, none of my VR inputs work. My TrackedPoseDriver (New Input System) and PlayerInput components don't seem to process any of the inputs from the HMD and controllers. Specifically, I cannot look around with the HMD and my controllers don't move my avatar's hands.

I am able to see the devices as connected in the Input Debugger. I can also see the devices connected in the XR Interaction Debugger, and the parameters like centerEyePosition are updating correctly.

However, when I build the game to an .exe for PC or an .apk for Android, the inputs work fine and I am able to move my head to look around and use my controllers to take actions in the game. I am using an Oculus Quest 2.

Additionally, when I replace the TrackedPoseDriver (New Input System) with the legacy TrackedPoseDriver, I am able to look around and move my controllers fine. However, since my game using the PlayerInput from the new Input System, the actions in the game don't work properly.

I have tried multiple versions of the XR Interaction Toolkit (0.9.4 preview as well as 1.0.0-pre.4), as well as the Input System (1.0.2 and 1.1.0-pre.5) but to no avail. The weird thing is that this never used to be an issue but now is one after I updated to Unity 2020.3.12f and updated my Unity packages.

2. airoll

airoll

It turns out I had some Unity Editor windows open in a 2nd display and for whatever reason that broke the Input System...