Search Unity

VR in not working in build

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by ColtonKadlecik_VitruviusVR, Apr 13, 2020.

1. ColtonKadlecik_VitruviusVR

ColtonKadlecik_VitruviusVR

Hey All,
    Using Unity 2019.3.3f1 and an Oculus Quest in link mode VR no longer works in a build (editor is fine). I spent the morning updating various packages (XR Management 3.0.6 -> 3.2.6, Oculus XR Plugin 1.1.5 -> 1.3.3) and now when I start the built game I stay in Oculus Home. Reverting to the previous package versions also does not work. Has anyone experienced this?
    Cheers,
    Colton

2. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

You shouldn't be updating any packages except via the XR management package, which will do it for you. If you do it externally to that, there is no guarantee anything is going to play nice.

That said, try a full quest restart/reboot. Sometimes also, the permission for Quest to use untrusted sources or external stuff needs to be applied again. These niggles are common with Quest-over-link dev.

3. a436t4ataf

a436t4ataf

XR Management 3.2 was specifically launched (see the stickied thread) as not supported in 2019.3.

(I have voiced my opinions in that thread already, TL;DR: "this is a bad idea").

I would immeidately delete / downgrade XR Management if I were you - even the team that makes it doesn't believe it works in 2019.3 :)

4. mfuad

mfuad

Unity Technologies

Hi @ColtonKadlecik_VitruviusVR, the issues you're experiencing should be unrelated to the changes we made to XR Plug-in Management. Do you mind filing a bug using these guidelines so we can properly investigate? This might be related to the Oculus Quest + Link configuration, but we'll need some more info to assess. Thanks!

5. ColtonKadlecik_VitruviusVR

Hey @mfuad, I believe you are correct (these are unrelated) as everything works fine in a new project with the same settings and package versions. I am attempting to fix some errors that occur when my project starts (even in a blank scene). The specific error I am currently trying to fix is a serialization issue:

A scripted object (probably UnityEditor.XR.Management.XRGeneralSettingsPerBuildTarget?) has a different serialization layout when loading. (Read 52 bytes but expected 108 bytes)
    Did you #ifdef UNITY_EDITOR a section of your serialized properties in any of your scripts?
    (Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Serialize/SerializedFile.cpp Line: 2269)

Could this actually be an issue with the UnityEditor.XR.Management.XRGeneralSettingsPerBuildTarget?

Cheers,
    Colton

6. ColtonKadlecik_VitruviusVR

Removing all XR packages and re-adding them seemed to fix the issue.

7. mfuad

mfuad

Unity Technologies

Great to hear! Let us know if you run into any additional issues.