Search Unity

1. Going to #UniteBerlin? Bring a buddy & get 25% off the 2nd ticket! More info here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Famed game designer and creator of The Sims, SimCIty, and Spore is looking for a 3D artist to join their team. Join the challenge.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity 2017.4 has arrived! Read about it here.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. ARCore is out of developer preview! Read about it here.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Magic Leap’s Lumin SDK Technical Preview for Unity lets you get started creating content for Magic Leap One™. Find more information on our blog!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. We've opened a new World Building sub-forum to faciltate all your world building discussions! Drop in and ask any ProBuilder, ProGrids, or PolyBrush questions.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

VR How can i add physics to the player?

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by LtGamers-Laurence, Apr 14, 2018 at 7:54 AM.

1. LtGamers-Laurence

LtGamers-Laurence

Title says it all. I would like to add physics to the player so that if he/she walks off the edge of a platform they drop instead of float. Is this possible?

2. AlexMollingerALTKEY

AlexMollingerALTKEY

I would suggest starting with the basics before heading into VR development. Pick any tutorial here and complete it. Rinse and repeat with another. https://unity3d.com/learn/tutorials
    Once done, you should be able to do this without any trouble.

To answer the question : Yes it is possible. "How" can differ from platform to platform.
    Just put the camera inside a parent gameobject. Check the "player's" position every frame. If he's out of bound, translate the parent accordingly and the player will follow along.

3. bradweiers

bradweiers

Unity Technologies

For the record. I *highly* recommend against doing this to a player. It will cause motion sickness and generally make sure that they never play again.

AlexMollingerALTKEY likes this.
  4. AlexMollingerALTKEY

AlexMollingerALTKEY

I concur!
    Unless you want a specific, never-trying-it-again feel like this :

5. LtGamers-Laurence

LtGamers-Laurence

Iv been using unity for a very long time. I know what im doing when it comes to anything other then vr :p. Iv figured it out anyway. Thanks