Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

VR VR game screen turns black when removing Oculus Rift

Discussion in '5.4 Beta' started by Chromega1231, Jul 13, 2016.

1. Chromega1231

Chromega1231

First off, sorry for the cross-post, I don't know which forums I'm supposed to be using - I posted in the other one first, but I can't seem to post replies in it, so I'm assuming this is the correct forum. Here's the old post:
    https://community.unity.com/t5/5-4-...hen-removing-Oculus-Rift/m-p/2651286#U2651286

In my original post, I was using b24, but I still reproduce the issue in b25.

So my setup:

-In Player Settings, "Run In Background" and "Visible In Background" are both true. And in my Oculus tools (1.5.0), OVRManager.cs, OVRManager.runInBackground is true.

When my project was on 5.3.4p1, this did what I would expect - when the user removes the Oculus Rift (consumer model, with head sensor) from their head, the game continues to update, and the mirrored display continues to draw.

I just updated to the beta (I'm on 5.4.0b25), and now the mirrored display turns black when I remove the HMD from my head. It's actually a bit of a critical feature for my game, so I appreciate the help.

Anyone else seeing this?