Search Unity

Question VR Framework Options

Discussion in 'VR' started by SkyFyre, Feb 24, 2021.

1. SkyFyre

SkyFyre

I'm new to Unity and plan on working with VR a bit on an Oculus Quest 2. Which asset store VR framework should I use? The two I'm looking at are Hurricane VR by Cloudwalkin Games and VR Interaction Framework by Bearded Ninja Games.

2. Cloudwalker_

Cloudwalker_

3. SkyFyre

SkyFyre

Thank you for the feedback. I'd probably say I'm just looking for the best all-around tool for Oculus Quest.

4. NemesisWarlock

NemesisWarlock

I've used pretty much all of them, so a quick review:

The Unity XRITK is a great baseline for getting input, and can be built upon quite easily. If you wanna make everything yourself or just need basic "Move around and grab things" stuff, stick with it, it's free, and an official package.

VRTK3 is fantastic, but does not support URP/HDRP, and only supports "Legacy" VR. if you wanna use 2018/2019 on the old renderer, go for this.

VRTK4 is good, and solid, but lacks almost any documentation whatsoever. Also community support is essentially non-existent.

HurricaneVR is complex, but has some very interesting stuff for IK, especially Hand IK. if you're going for high end, use that.

VRIF is quite easy to use, and actively updated, with a nice discord community, but I haven't used it in a while, so I can't vouch for it currently.

PsiconLab likes this.