Search Unity

VR Easy Released

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by VREasy, Jan 4, 2017.

1. VREasy

VREasy

Asset Store:https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/77870

VR Easy v1.2 Manual: http://www.avrworks.com/vreasy/Manual_VREasy_V1.2.pdf

Video Tutorials YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLJViVnnQ2MgH_AemyCAKmfjul67Gk6ySM

More info: http://blog.avrworks.com/
    You can find video tutorials, manuals and new tutorials will be uploaded frequently.

VR Easy v1.2 Update

Here is a list of the new features that is coming in VR Easy v1.2.
    1. 2nd cross-hair texture and animated cross-hair
    2. Tooltip. It will give you info when you hover over an interactive object with multiple interactions
    3. Snap to origin while grabbing. Objects will snap to its original position once in a certain distance of your original position when using the Motion Controllers
    4. Storing button info. All selected button info will be stored into a document. Users want to remember what their material/mesh/texture etc choice was afterwards, useful for customers
    5. Animated path along a spline using arrows. Eg. for guiding users to follow certain path
    6. Screenshot. You will be able to take high resolution screenshots
    7. Cross Section and X-Ray shaders
    8. Over 35 video tutorials and more to come
    9. bug fixes and workflow improvements

What is VR Easy:
    VR Easy is a Virtual Reality productivity and workflow toolset for Unity3D that enables architects, content developers, developers and engineers to quickly and naturally build their VR/AR applications through a simple drag&drop interface, supporting all major HMD devices and compatible with industry SDKs through a drag and drop interface and no programming skills required.

Some of the applications: Build VR and non VR tours for Archviz, Realtime VR Configurators and able to change properties like eg. materials/textures, swap objects/meshes, build 360 panorama tours with hotspots, add Popup info, play animations/particles/sounds and much more with just clicks. Once done you can publish to Oculus, HTC Vive, Google Daydream/ Cardboard, GearVR.

Why VR Easy?:
    Over the last several years, Virtual Reality (VR) has taken a huge leap in terms development and usage, especially to the tools and affordability that game engine Unity is offering. This is a great opportunity for developers to build such VR games and applications. For non-developers this development process is more painful because most of the time even creating basic GUI elements and interacting with your scene is very cumbersome. With VR Easy we wanted to help the non-programmers and even programmers to build VR applications with drag and drop user interface and interact with your Selector or Touch Controller eg. Vive controller and Leap Motion.

How does it work:
    VR Easy has been built with what we called the Selector-Selectable metaphor. A Selector is an object in the scene that is able to interact with VR ready elements; those elements are called Selectables. Selectors and Selectables can take many shapes and forms, but at their core they are just objects that can interact, and fruit of that interaction, an action (or list of) is triggered. The level of interaction, the nature of the Selectable and the type of Selector is defined by the specific Selector / Selectable used. There are two types of Selectors, based on how they interact with Selectables:
    1. Sight Selector
    2. Touch Selector
    3. Pointer Selector
    VREasy comes with a wide variety of Selectable objects such as 2D and 3D buttons, sliders, display buttons and trigger areas.

VR Easy is divided into 3 menus:
    1. VR Element
    2. VR Selector
    3. SDK Selector
    4. Path Creator
    Example tutorials:

Grab Setup for HTC Vive with move constraints and reset button:

Locomotion Setup for HTC Vive using VR Easy:

Using VR Easy with PlayMaker

Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
  2. VREasy

VREasy

And here are some screenshots of the menus:
    VR Element:
    VRElement.jpg

VR Selector:
    VRSelector.jpg

SDK Checker:
    SDK.jpg

3. VREasy

VREasy

We will be releasing soon a new demo scene and tutorial on how to setup and use VR Easy for engineering purposes where you can assemble/disassemble, change parts, change materials and moving parts by grabbing of anything you want using HTC Vive and Controllers. In this case we are using a suspension system (no car specific)

VREasy_Suspension.JPG
    CAD model provided by: Mohammed Safee
    Thanks

http://blog.vreasy.com

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
  4. BlueLakeVision

BlueLakeVision

If you are a 3D designer and you can make your modeling in some applications like Maya, Blender, 3Dmax, etc. and you have a small knowledge of Unity and you have no programming skills (Like C#); don't look any further because this is the tool that's will help you in building interactive animations in Unity. . .. I absolutely recommend this tool to anybody who is not my competitor :). By the way, they have also great support in case you have any questions.

VREasy likes this.
  5. e3di

e3di

This is a great asset to any VR/AR or app developer. It is so easy use, I was up and running in seconds. The YouTube tutorials are a fantastic help.

Support is really quick too.

Sorry BlueLakeVision I bought it, looks like we do similar work but not in the same country ;-)

6. VREasy

VREasy

Thank you BlueLakeVision and e3di for the nice words, that means a lot to us. Our whole idea is to make the whole process to build VR apps very easy, especially for now programmers. We have even better news:). Please check in the first post what is coming in version 1.1. We will be submitting v1.1 within couple of days.

7. VREasy

VREasy

VR Easy V1.1 Update features:

Last edited: Mar 3, 2017
  8. VREasy

VREasy

We have just finalized and submitted VR Easy for Unity v1.2 for review. See first post for all the changes

9. Havok_ZA

Havok_ZA

Is this still being supported?
    What kind of locomotion systems are implemented other than teleportation and simple FPS?

10. nsmith1024

nsmith1024

11. eagleeyez

eagleeyez

VRGrabbable use a different pivot point instead of the grabbed object.
    here is a video with a tempory solution and unity package with the scripts.

12. eagleeyez

eagleeyez

Where are you guys and girls?
    is 1.6 coming soon?
    I still want to make videos for this plugin for GearVR, Daydream, HTC Vive and soon Oculus Quest and Mirage Solo.

but I am waiting for the all important update still.
    I do hope you are continuing with this project.
    Thank you.

13. VREasy

VREasy

Hi,

We are here for sure and working hard on to release 1.6. We might release 1.55 then soon after that 1.6 because 2 last features are taking more time then expected. We will release some new info soon.

Thank you for checking on us:)

14. StephaneSegard

StephaneSegard

Hello,

I want to use 2D or 3D Button to do a "Send Message Action" with the sight Selector. It works perfecly fine when my object is in front of my camera rig but when my object is behind my camera and I turn to see it, it's impossible to activate it. Do you have any idea why it doesn't work?

Thank you in advance,

15. shwa

shwa

I'm looking for a VR solution. I'm considering VR easy.

I do my dev on a macbook pro. OSX 10.13.4.
    Generally use Unity 2018.3. i've got a 2019 version, too.

Does your VR asset allow for me to develop for the Oculus Quest, Rift and Go, while i'm authoring in OSX/Mac?

I ask cause normally, one needs to use the Oculus sdk, which is windows only.

Thanks.

16. Warsoul

Warsoul

Does it support Unity 2019.4 LTS ?

17. athosrojas

athosrojas

this asset is dead, its only works with old VR from unity 2019 , and this is sad cause is a wonderfull asset.
    i believe something happened with the guy made this asset, maybe died by covid 19?